Red Hat up2date

DanB

Verified User
Greetings,

Is there any reasons why I don't want to use the
up2date feature in RH9 after the installation of
DA ? Before installation, I installed all updates.

I've read through the threads here and thought I
saw something that may have indicated a different
method for keeping the server updated.

Also, did I ready correctly that DA automatically updates
itself? If so, how often is that occuring?

Thanks!

Dan

Hello,

I would recommend doing it beforehand, then installing DA, then you running it periodicly after the install. When DA gets installed, it adds the required rpms to the skiplist, so you shouln't need to worry about breaking things. :)

DirectAdmin updates itself automatically whenever a fix/feature is done. This is generally once every few weeks.. it can be every few days, or a month... it's as needed.

John

John,

Thanks for your reply.

Using DirectAdmin is a bit different than hosting with Cobalt Raqs. It's a bit of a learning curve. However, I thoroughly enjoy the features and navigation of DA.

Dan

DanB said:
Using DirectAdmin is a bit different than hosting with Cobalt Raqs. It's a bit of a learning curve.
It sure is :) .

If John would be so kind as to post the location of the skip-list, I'll post instructions for using apt-get (which doesn't require a login account from Red Hat and which can be automated to work every night from a cron-job) and for converting the skip-list so it'll work in apt-get.

Apt-get is a lot easier to use, automagically finds dependencies, and doesn't require money paid to Red hat :) .

Jeff

jlasman said:
It sure is :) .

If John would be so kind as to post the location of the skip-list, I'll post instructions for using apt-get (which doesn't require a login account from Red Hat and which can be automated to work every night from a cron-job) and for converting the skip-list so it'll work in apt-get.

Apt-get is a lot easier to use, automagically finds dependencies, and doesn't require money paid to Red hat :) .

Jeff

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=282

Back