Coldfusion 5 problems

vandal

Verified User
Coldfusion 5/Apache problems - PLEASE HELP

I wasn't sure where to put this.

I have an odd problem, and I think it is the direct admin apache config, and I don't enough about apache to really fix it, so hopefully someone here can help.

it appears the coldfusion server only works properly if the cf files are in the document root defined in apache. So i can't get it working in the virtual domains, it just comes up with 404 error: file not found (error driven by coldfusion), even if that file does exist.

again, if i use the ip of my server (the main IP, i have multiple ones), and the files are in the document root, it works just fine, but not for virtual hosts.

any help anyone can offer would be really appreciated, this has been a 24 hour straight headacke.

i have apache1.3.28 on redhat 8.0

i'm thinking it could be a <directory /> think for the user dirs, or even directory permissions for the user dirs.

thanks in advance! any ideas at all, please post

van.

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen a copy of CF on Linux in at least a few years - didn't even know it was still available.

Good luck with it, CF has some potential and a good following.

i have it working just fine on my rh 7.3 server, apache 1.3.27

i think it is just some small config problem, i just can't seem to find it and direct admin adds all this crazy virtual hosting stuff to apache httpd.conf and maybe having multiple ips is a problem.

but yeah, cf is amazing, macromedia just released cfmx 6.1 server :) but i can't afford the upgrade at the moment

Back