Shared IPs arent anymore?

Codefighter

Verified User
I recently went through a new server install, in which I restored all the DA files, and all the data appeared to be restored correctly.

I then also did an upgrade to the most recent version of DirectAdmin.

Now, a couple weeks later, I am adding my first new user account for a new domain, and I noticed that I am unable to use the shared IP address that I had used previously.

I now have about 5 sites on a single IP address, and it work ok via the browser. However, when DirectAdmin lists the users for the IP address, it shows only 1 name.

If I try to add the new user for the new domain, then only the IP addresses that haven't been used yet are listed. I don't see the Shared IP address I have used in the past.

If I go to the reseller IP Management tab, and try to click the IP address and 'Share Selected' (it lists as Owner) it then states 'Ip's can only be freed if there are zero users on that ip.'

Does anyone know how I can get this 'Shared' info back into the IP list when adding new users?

The existing domains on the shared IPs all work properly from a browser.

TIA

If everything on the server is setup properly and working and it's only DirectAdmin which doesn't have the information right you could simply edit DA's data files so that it is correct.
/usr/local/directadmin/data

Thanks.

I probably should have posted a reply when I resolved my solution. Basically, I was able to move all the domains on the problematic IP address to another IP address, change the IP to shared, and then move them all back, all through DirectAdmin.

This corrected the problem.

In the future, I'll take a closer look at the configuration files.

Back