Forms

_bry_bab_

Verified User
Ok, I am helping my mother with her website. So I am putting in a form and I guess I would say, its not working. I went to the site-helper.com site for the scripts part and I am so confussed, I pretty much tried what I can think of and I am obviously resorting to this. After many combinations I have come up with this (which is what im having the trouble with)
<form method="/usr/sbin/sendmail (this part here doesn't let me use post, what needs to be here???) " action="http://www.websitename.com/success.html (is this right, it takes me to this after i click submit) " >
and where do i need to go to read the submissions?
I am not sure if anyone will need to read over my form, if so email me ( [email protected] ). Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
You're asking in a technical discussion for DirectAdmin, but your question is an html question.

I'd suggest a good html book, or perhaps asking on an html forum.

I'm moving this post to Off-Topic discussion, because that's what it is on a DirectAdmin forum.

Jeff

Seeing your entire form would be helpful.
I would suggest simply using php's mail function to send the email. Easy as eating a piece of pie on a Sunday afternoon.

Form Code

This here is the code.

<center><form method="/usr/sbin/sendmail" action="http://www.mysiteurl.com/success.html" >To email me, simply fill out the following boxes. <br><br> </font><font size="2" color="black" face="cosmic sans ms,arial,helvecta,sans-serif">
NAME:<br><input type="text" name="Name"> <br><br>
EMAIL:<br><input type="text" name="email"> <br><br>
HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US?
<table border="3" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="2">
<tr><td>
<input type="radio" name="source" value="search engine"> Search Engine <br>
<input type="radio" name="source" value="friend or relative"> Friend or Relative<br>
<input type="radio" name="source" value="another site"> Another site<br>
<input type="radio" name="source" value="dont know"> You forgot<br>
<input type="radio" name="source" value="other" > Other</td></table><br>
BREED <table border="3" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="2">
<tr><td>
<input type="radio" name="Breed" value="Teacup Chihuahua"> Teacup Chihuahua<br>
<input type="radio" name="Breed" value="Teacup Yorkie"> Teacup Yorkie<br>
<input type="radio" name="Breed" value="Tiny Min Pin"> Tiny Min Pin<br>
</td></table><br><br>
MESSAGE:<br><textarea cols="40" rows="7" name="message" wrap="soft"> </textarea>
<br><B><INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Submit"><INPUT TYPE=RESET VALUE="Clear"></B>
</font>
</form></center>

Ok, I know the method is susposed to be POST but when I had that as the method and mysiteurl.com/success.html as the action, when I submitted the form It said the server wouldn't allow it or something.

This form isn't going to work because sendmail doesn't understand the input it's getting from your form.

You MUST have a Form-to-email cgi program or php program.

If you don't have one you can try using the one I make available here.

It's a secure version of Matt's FormMail.pl. If you're going to use it be sure to read, and make sure you understand, both readme files.

Jeff

Back