bandwith

jos_willem

Hi,

Where can I find software to report the traffic usage for eats hosting client on a directadmin server?

Jos

eats hosting client? Never heard of it.
But eitherway you'll probably have to make your own modifications at this time since I haven't heard of such a plugin.

jos_willem said:
Where can I find software to report the traffic usage for each hosting client on a directadmin server?
Sometimes when we pronounce a word that's mispelled the meaning just jumps out on us :) .

By traffic do you mean the actual bandwidth (measured in bits per second), or do you mean the amount of data transferred (what DA and other hosting platforms often simplistically call traffic)?

If you mean the amount of data transferred, DA already offers to measure almost everything (I believe everything except email).

If you mean actual bandwidth, then you can only do that by IP#, as at the traffic level that's all you'll see.

Which means you can do it by installing (for example) MRTG, if you've got each user on his/her own IP#.

I've moved this thread to "System-Level Technical Discussion" as it's not a How-To; the "How-To" section is reserved for How-To documents; in other words, documents that tell us how to do something.

Jeff

Re: Re: bandwith

jlasman said:
Sometimes when we pronounce a word that's mispelled the meaning just jumps out on us :) .

By traffic do you mean the actual bandwidth (measured in bits per second), or do you mean the amount of data transferred (what DA and other hosting platforms often simplistically call traffic)?

If you mean the amount of data transferred, DA already offers to measure almost everything (I believe everything except email).

If you mean actual bandwidth, then you can only do that by IP#, as at the traffic level that's all you'll see.

Which means you can do it by installing (for example) MRTG, if you've got each user on his/her own IP#.

I've moved this thread to "System-Level Technical Discussion" as it's not a How-To; the "How-To" section is reserved for How-To documents; in other words, documents that tell us how to do something.

Jeff

Hi,

My English is not so good :) (write)
But I mean the data traffic (gb). I can see the traffic in directadmin but for 1 month. Example:
I see the traffic in month six for the host accounts. In month seven I can see the traffic from month seven but not from month 6!

No magic answer as I recall, but I believe it's been discussed on these forums before.

Jon, do you recall any specific work around?

Jeff

I'm still a little confused by the question.
Account history from past months outside of what webalizer provides? or.... :confused:

If that is it, from the user level go to the "Site Summary / Statistics / Logs" page. At the top of the page is a link to User History which gives the bandwidth and disk usage of previous months.

If that's not what your were looking for let me know.

I believe what you guys are looking for is called User History in DA and can be found by clicking on a user (that's been around for moret than a month) and then scroling down to the line above "Resend Welcome E-Mail" in the dark blue bar (Enhanced skin)

Regards,
Onno

jlasman said:
Thanks, Onno.

I never even knew that existed.

Jeff

The links in the enhanced skin appear without obvious colour differences which is why you (like me) would have missed it.

I think I'm going to change the link colour in the enhanced stylesheet in case I've missed any other, not so obvious links.

Jon

Back