Problem with frames

Moridin2

Verified User
Hey there.

Well, I'm new to all this so bear with me.
I've been working on this site, where i've used frames in index.html and it runs nicely on my own computer.
But when I upload it to DA, it won't run. if i go in and look at index.html and click "preview HTML", it looks as it should. But if I try to look at it through accessing the site normally, it does not work.
Help would be appreciated. (sorry if a dumb question, but i'm really new to this :p)

I've moved the post to "Off-Topic Discussion" because it really isn't germain to DA.

You write "It won't run" but you don't give us any further indication of what's wrong, which is going to make it hard for even the html gurus among us to help you.

If you'd go ahead and upload it, and then point us to it, maybe one or more of us will be able to check it and come up with some ideas.

Jeff

Well, doesn't really seem like anything's wrong. When i try to open the page by typing the address in the address bar, what i get up is a page with an ad on the top and a link below it.

see the page here http://wolfslair.webh4u.com/

this is what my index.html looks like:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>Welcome to the Wolfs Lair site</title>
</HEAD>
<frameset frameborder="0" framespacing="no" border="0" rows="125,37,*">
<frameset frameborder="0" framespacing="no" border="0" cols="100%,*">
<frame NORESIZE src="banner.html" name="banner" width="100%" scrolling="no">
</frameset>
<frameset frameborder="0" framespacing="no" border="0" cols="100%,*">
<frame NORESIZE src="menu.html" name="menu" width="100%" scrolling="no">
</frameset>
<frameset frameborder="0" framespacing="no" border="0" cols="100%">
<frame NORESIZE src="main.html" name="main">
</frameset>
</frameset>
</HTML>

I'm not an html expert (though I have written some zero-size-frame stuff), so my reply is of necessity a non-reply :( .

However perhaps I can help by pointing out that when I right click anywhere I see only the source code for setting up the top frame. When I right click on (Mozilla is a wonderful tool :) ) the background of the advert, and click on "frame only", I see only the code for the top frame (not the same thing).

Jeff

ah k. don't know what to make of this. it's so weird.
maybe it's the forced Ads that's breaking down frames?
I know that if u put something else with the frame definitions, they wont work (like a <body> tag).

Thanks for your help tho =)

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems to be working for me, at least it looks normal, no adverts or anything. banner.jpg being the only thing inside the upper most frame.

I've attached a screenshot of what is showing for me... (hope you have a big screen)

Attachments

• site0.jpg
    site0.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 255
It's working fine for me now, too.

But it didn't seem to be, before.

Jeff

I made it all PhP and somehow it works...dun know why tho...But now today i can't get into the site or the DirectAdmin thingy, to change stuff. got any idea why this is? or would this be something with the webh4u host?

Last edited:
Sounds like a problem with your hosting provider. Your better off contacting them directly and finding out what's up. ;)

Back