CentOS 4.1

I

Imtek

Hi guys,

Does CentOS 4.1 work with DA ?

I am planning to install CentOS 4.1 tomorrow, so i would like to know if can use 4.1 or a older version?

Thanks in advance guys!

It works for us.

It took us a while to install. We ran into a few issues you may or may not run into.

First, the default kiss firewall (not a part of DA but available on these forums) doesn't allow passive ftp to work properly. We have a fix which we'll post as soon as possible; in the meantime please feel free to email me and ask for it. (Note we cannot respond to private message requests as we're generally not at an email client when we read private messages.)

Second, we do a minimum install, and as a result DA wouldn't install properly until after John identified the missing rpm we'd neglected to install. You probably won't have this problem.

Third, DA is NOT compatible with SELinux. I urge you to leave it off to avoid problems.

And be sure to order the CentOS4 version.

Jeff

sohaib said:
I've Centos 4.0 Installed, what you guys should I install Centos 4.1 is there any major difference or its the same.

Thanks

i have 5 systm running 4.1 , works great :)

There's only one difference between 4.0 and 4.1... and that's in the drivers included (in other words the ability to install on the latest hardware).

Everything else is updated when you run yum nightly.

You do run yum nightly, don't you?

Jeff

I'd suggest finding my list of programs you must exclude (on these forums) and running yum regularly to keep CentOS updated.

But that's just my opinion.

Jeff

I edited your quote to make the line appear as one line, and more obviously a quoted bit of the file.

Jeff

Anybody else have issues with startips running on bootup? Suspected a boot order problem, since it runs without error during init but doesn't do anything, while it always works at command line.

Regardless, bumped it from S10 to just before named @ S54, and had no effect. Also tried a debug output (bash -x) during bootup redirected to /tmp, and compared to a command line run that worked, but nothing insightful was gained. Finally bumped it to S99, and it works like a champ.

Still an annoying curiosity, however.

BTW: Jeff et al, thanks for the yum line. Very useful. :D

Thanks,
-the donco

P.S.: 15 CentOS 4.1 servers & climbing

Last edited:
On our systems, network is controlled by S10network and startips controlled by S11startips.

And it works as it should.

Jeff

Back