Funny Mail Problem

hostpc.com

Verified User
Bare with me why I explain this...it might have something to do with the problem

I setup domain1 on the DA server. The domain1 is not hosted there as of yet, but on a totally different server/different datacenter.
I made a add-on domain..domain2. Domain2 is being hosted on this DA server. Ok, domain1 has automically set with an email [email protected].
When I setup domain2 it again automatically setup [email protected]
Well, DNS has been propagated for 2 weeks or so and I was not getting any test message sent by myself and other people would ask me..have you got my email?
Well..did some more testing and nothing. So I went in and set the catchall to be the MAINUSER...and all my test messages go through...everything is fine? Not really, now I'm getting your normal spam sent to INFO, WEBMASTER, etc. So, I go in and set the catchall to SITE_BLACKHOLE. Now I am back to getting no mail again. Sorry this is so long winding...but if the DA experts could let me know if I'm doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Also, a webmail question. If my main domain has [email protected] and all my add-ons have [email protected], etc
When you log into webmail which account is it checking? I have tried to login with just MAINUSER, [email protected], etc and the only one that works is just MAINUSER...so which domain am I logging into? And how do you log into those other via webmail?

Thanks,
HostPC

Hello,

What's your current hostname? Make sure it isn't "domain1.com" .. if it is, just change it to "server.domain1.com" or something like that. Also check for any forwarders/autoresponders that may have been added. Failing that, just check your exim mainlog (/var/log/exim/*)

MAINUSER over all accounts is 1 system account. It logged into using just "MAINUSER". Virtual accounts are only for the domain specified and are logged into using "[email protected]".

John

Back