Welcome Message on Creation of new Account

Telfie

Verified User
In the creation of the new account, it allows you to edit the welcome message that is emailed to the new account holder.

I have attempted to edit this and use HTML to emphasis various sections of the welcome letter. Could you advise if this is possible at all due to the fact that the tests that I applied do not let me "style" the email to the new account.

Hello,

To make your email client parse html tags, special headers have to be sent along (I'm pretty sure). Currently there is nothing like that in the headers. If its an easy fix, like just adding a header, I'll see if I can get it to work.

John

ok ... tah ...

I have created the headers but I don't have them on hand at this particular time. I will post the info for you later ... about 4hrs.

Note that with php ... you may also need

Reply-To:
phpversion:

in the headers too ... depending on the security setup.

I know in the case of our host, it is a must to have a VALID email account in the From header in the form of 'Email-Display-Name <[email protected]>'

I will post the headers I have set up later.

Hello,

I've added the headers and they work great... except the fact that newlines mean nothing in html.. so you email becomes one big long string unless you add all the <br> tags. If I were to do this, it would mean that all people with custom welcome emails would have their welcome messages all messed up... not to mention all of the email messages that DirectAdmin sends out.

When a "safe" solution to the problem can be found, ill uncomment the headers from the code :)

John

Ok, brainwave...

The message of an html email must start with <html> or <HTML>, then the html headers will be sent.

Will be in 1.09 (today maybe)

John

Back