default page

rob311fan

ok i'm totaly new to this. so please be nice if i say something dumb

when i 1st started my main page was in the index.html file. it went to it if you went to www.wastedcellphone.com or www.wastedcellphone.com\index.html

now i changed the index.html file to have a nice little flash intro and then it redirects me to the main page.
the problem is if i just type in www.wastedcellphone.com it takes me to an older version of my page. i've tried clearing temp files and cookies etc so it leads me to believe its not explorer showing me the old data. is there something i need to hit to say that the new index.html is the default page to go to.
any help is much appreciated
thanks
rob

the next day everything went back to normal.so all is well. i don't know what this guy below is talking about but its a cross post

Last edited:
same problem

Very in trouble..??
I can find my home page...??? :D :confused:

CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/default there i put a index.html but nothing

CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/sharedip there i put a index.html but nothing

CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains there i put a index.html but nothing

ok i make a reseller , i upload the site , but again....

i try like User but Again ...

Always the same message
This IP is being shared among many domains.
To view the domain you are looking for, simply enter the domain name in the location bar of your web browser

Where is my homepage...????

rob311fan said:
when i 1st started my main page was in the index.html file. it went to it if you went to www.wastedcellphone.com or www.wastedcellphone.com\index.html
now i changed the index.html file to have a nice little flash intro and then it redirects me to the main page.
the problem is if i just type in www.wastedcellphone.com it takes me to an older version of my page.
First: I've moved this post to "Off-Topic Discussion" as it has nothing to do with DirectAdmin; it's a site programming issue.

When I look for www.wastedcellphone.com/index.html or for simply www.wastedcellphone.com/, I get to the flash intro, and when the intro is finished my browser displays http://www.wastedcellphone.com/main.html.

Which I presume is what you've programmed it to do.

If you're getting something else in your browser, then it is/was stuck in your browser cache.

Jeff

Re: same problem

rotty100 said:
Very in trouble..??
I can find my home page...??? :D :confused:
Because you keep putting your page in the wrong place.

Your page should be uploaded to the public_html directory.

For more information, look here.

Jeff

There are many index triggers as well. For example index.html, index.htm, index.php, default.html
(depending on your configuration). So if you have multiple index triggered files, one will be loaded and not the other because that particular one came first in the list.

Sure, Jon, but in this particular case the poster exaplained exactly where the files were put.

And all the choices were incorrect.

Jeff

Back