How do I change the default index.html page?

prustm

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help.

I would like to change the defauly index.html page that is allocated to a users hosting account. The main change would be adding my company logo, telephone number etc - is there any way the page can be ammended and changed to be the default?

Cheers

That's a great idea but I suspect the answer is "no for now; maybe later." Another neat feature to add would be a way to modify the welcome letters that go out to new client-users.

Got to User Panel of your Admin, FileManager, choose domains, choose default and there are the files you can change.

I don't know what happens when you change filenames...

There is also a default filename under Apache, somewhere but I forgot where that was, I use when somebody search on IP address of a non-existent domain.

Hello,

/home/resellername/domains/default/index.html

all files in that directory will be copied, so you can add whatever you need.

John

Thanks for this extra information.

There are also pages for shared ip and suspended sites, admin or reseller can modify. With these I also did not change the names, only the html code.

The other page I mentioned is on the server: var/www/html/index.html (on my server, that is... I am not a apache/u/linux expert)

D9R said:
That's a great idea but I suspect the answer is "no for now; maybe later." Another neat feature to add would be a way to modify the welcome letters that go out to new client-users.
in HTM_ACCOUNT_USER_CREATE (the 'create new user' button) you can click the lower link which is "javascript:showUserMessage();"

It's already there.

I forgot to mention, thank you.

As you know so much ..... I translated it into Dutch, but want to know where I can find additional variable names, e.g. the package name. It is'nt |package|?

I also wish I could resend a welcome letter (not automaticly!) when making a change (e.g. IP address) or when adding a next domain....

Changing the Domain Name on the Default

I am currently building a default page for new accounts within DA. I know where to place the pages and all of that so that bit is fine. However, I want to place the name of the new account on the page automatically.

When I created an account and had no default pages, the DA default pages came up and on these it had the domain name of the account that I just created.

Can some one let me know how this can be achieved please?

Hello,

It uses a token system. All you do is add the token wherever you want the value of that token to show up:

|DOMAIN| -> domain.com
|USERNAME| -> username
|HOME| -> /home/username

Eg:

Hello |USERNAME|, welcome to |DOMAIN|.
Your home directory is |HOME|

The tokens will only be processed on the index.html file.

John

What about a Date Created token?

Hi,

I've looked at this page but I didn't see any mention of any relevant tokens and since I didn't even see DOMAIN listed in the lists, I thought it worth asking here if the token I want exists.

What I'm looking for is a token that will print the date that the site was created on the default index.html page.

ie "This site was created on |DATECREATED|"

Thanks in advance

Hey, thats a good idea to create a custom place holder for clients.

Damn! I should have thought of that ;)

I have a VPS just for myself... I host some sites for friends and family and I'm also rather nuts about collecting domains for fun. So I end up with domain names that I create the site for and sometimes take a while to get to or if it's a domain I'm squatting for someone, I want people to realize how long the page has been there.

Surely I can't have been the first one to want this feature.

I think you did not let this page create automaticly by DA, when creating an account. This page should remain in the default directory, as mentioned above. DA removes then the tokens and replaces the correct information.

It would be nice to have more tokens, but as I know for index.html there are only two tokens available now |DOMAIN| and |DATECREATED|?

I wished there were some more, such as PACKAGE. This would be also usefull in the welcome letter.

Mark or John can we have more tokens? please I would like to be able to display all of that information to my customers but when i auto create a site it wont let it :\

Hello,

/home/resellername/domains/default/index.html

all files in that directory will be copied, so you can add whatever you need.

John
hi John, Excuase me for updating old topic ,
I edit all html files in Defualt and suspended and I gave style to all of theme and the result :
http://landahost.pw/
As you see |DOMAIN| and |DATECREATED| didnt changed to for example landahost.pw and for exapmle 23 june!
why?
Because of the style that I gave to them? Please help me.
Regards

Note that the tokens do not apply to suspended domains.
Tokens only apply to the default/index.html, which is loaded in by DA, tokens are swapped, then it's saved to the newly created public_html/index.html.

If the above domain's index.html is from the default/index.html.. then I'm not too sure..
It is possible that the tokenizer doesn't like the utf-8 characters..
1) Try testing with a more basic html using ascii, to see if that lets the tokenizer work.

2) Also check /var/log/directadmin/error.log for clues.

John

Note that the tokens do not apply to suspended domains.
Tokens only apply to the default/index.html, which is loaded in by DA, tokens are swapped, then it's saved to the newly created public_html/index.html.

If the above domain's index.html is from the default/index.html.. then I'm not too sure..
It is possible that the tokenizer doesn't like the utf-8 characters..
1) Try testing with a more basic html using ascii, to see if that lets the tokenizer work.

2) Also check /var/log/directadmin/error.log for clues.

John
Thank You john , My Mistake: I Created A User thene I Copied new Defualt Files into User Domain name Folder because that tokens didnt work correctly, Now every thing is right for new useres

Back