Error creating a second administrator account

thuskey

Verified User
I just installed directadmin with a 30 day trial license on a Verio VPS, FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p28 box. The install went very clean. I was able to login right away. So far I created a reseller package and now a second admin user. Just one small error with the admin user creation, edquota on my box doesn't have the -e option so it exited with an exit code of 1 and forced an error.

Screen cut:
Code:
User xxxxxxx created

Details

Unix User created successfully
User's data directory created successfully
Domains directory created successfully
Domains directory created successfully in user's home

User added to ssh config file.

Error with system Quotas
edquota: illegal option -- e usage: edquota [-u] [-f fspath] [-p username] 
username ... edquota -g [-f fspath] [-p groupname] 
groupname ... edquota [-u] -t [-f fspath] edquota -g -t [-f fspath] 

Reseller's package directory created successfully

Reseller created
Admin created

This sounds like a bug in DirectAdmin to me. To my knowledge there is no -e option for edquota.
You might drop DA a line inquiring about this.

I would assume that user account creation would also use edquota when setting up the quota's so at least it seems to be limited to only admin account creation.

yep, exact same error when creating a customer account. Just as you expected. FYI: /etc/fstab does show quotas turned on.

I'm just going to leave this sit for awhile why I continue playing with the server. I'd just assume submit a complete report via email all at once, rather than 1 error at a time. I don't want to appear as if I'm nagging them over a bunch of little things.

Back