Joining DA

rndinit0

Verified User
Well Ive been enjoying life on a VPS server (debian) for some time now.

Im now hosting 5 customers, and at this rate I know one month from now, Ill have a nightmare to deal with.

I've used PSA for about 3 years. (Used to work for an ISP for 5 years, and built their webhosting operation from the ground up)

With PSA Ive had the honor of experiencing a few unique nightmares. And genereally considered myself to be a PSA Forums Slave for a while. (That and the fact that hard limit quotas never worked/extreemly buggy/current status is flaky.)

Now that I work on my own as a freelancer, Ive decided to give DA a chance to run the show. (Well that and I dont feel like paying $799 + bonus of bad support and the ocassional buggy nightmares) Not sayin PSA is bad, it could be better for what its priced at. Plus I believe in simple BUT working methods.

Ill be installing DA on FreeBSD 5.4, and from what ive seen on the forums things should work out just fine, for the most part. So considering its beta, I know theres gonna be some bumps on the road.

But the forum community seems very nice and helpfull. So Im not worried.. yet....

I was thinking I might as well document my experience with DA. So that the next guy who has to choose between PSA and DA, could get an ex PSA admins point of view.

Ill try to the best of my ability to stay neutral and factual...

Looking forward to become an active member here as well.

*waves*

Let me the first 'active member' here to be able to welcome you :).

Let's hope you enjoy your stay.

If you are really willing to document everything, you could set it up as wiki environment, that way others can also add experiences and problems (with solutions ;)) to it.

I don't know much about PSA, haven't used it for ages (hopefully it will stay that way), so I'm not able to help you with a 'this is how you do it in PSA, and this is how you do it in DA' thingy...
But whatever, welcome to the DA community :).

Yeah Wiki sounds good. Ill take notes, soon as I have it setup, ill setup a wiki =) Great Idea... now im thinkin.. why didnt I think of that ?

rndinit0 said:
could get an ex PSA admins point of view.
I'm not only an ex PSA admin, I'm also an ex PSA Gold Partner.

And I'm very happy to be using DA.

Jeff

Back