sell / transfer license

hostu

Verified User
does any one know if its possible to transfer / sell my da license to another party, if i give access to the license account is that enough for someone to use / own my license, have a lifetime license abt 2 and a half weeks old , plenty of support left, currently for fc3 ,, offers over 200.00 us considered...

chuck

You should mail [email protected] or [email protected] with the question "Am I allowed to sell a license?".

USD 200.00 is very expensive, I think you might get interested parties at half that price if you are indeed allowed to sell the license.

Regards,
Onno

resolveit said:
You should mail [email protected] or [email protected] with the question "Am I allowed to sell a license?".

USD 200.00 is very expensive, I think you might get interested parties at half that price if you are indeed allowed to sell the license.

Regards,
Onno

ok, thanks for the info, i just paid 299.00 for it about three weeks ago, didn't know you could get one for less,, anyway a 100 dollar loss is about all i could stand so i just will keep it otherwise...

chuck

Chuck,

I believe you can resell your DA license, though you should certianly ask the folk at DA first.

This probably isn't the best subforum for it, but I'm not sure which is, so I'm leaving it here for now.

I believe you'd eventually get a sale at your price, but to get a fast sale you'd probably be offering it to those of us who run our own data centers and rent out servers; we do get better pricing.

Jeff

jlasman said:
Chuck,

I believe you can resell your DA license, though you should certianly ask the folk at DA first.

This probably isn't the best subforum for it, but I'm not sure which is, so I'm leaving it here for now.

I believe you'd eventually get a sale at your price, but to get a fast sale you'd probably be offering it to those of us who run our own data centers and rent out servers; we do get better pricing.

Jeff

thanks jeff,
i just got tired of fighting fc3, i got in to big a hurry and didnt update before i had da installed, fc3 has crashed on me and now that i have updated everything i lost the gnome gui, kinda liked it after starting with windows with ver 2.0, have been hosting since 1996 and moving out of a leased farm at a datacenter into my own and thought i would give linux another try, i have had one before, and i think i will stay this time after i get over my frustation, out all this and updating fc3 and on the second update i had to do the core too to get someother files to update the da kept on ticking so i cant knock it ,,, ive downloaded centos and was thinking about using that, but not sure how much trouble for support to change my license and if i know enought yet to install da my self.. anyway for now all is running and i do want to offer both win and linux servers so for now i will think a little more about centos and see what fc3 does ... and most of all see others comments on here :D
thanks again chuck

Chuck,

a few comments...

FCx is not designed for webhosting; in fact the FC distributions are really for experimenters.

I'd strongly suggest CentOS 4; we're very happy with it, and you'll get years of support without having to upgrade. Just what you need for webhosting :) .

Personally I don't consider moving away from a data center a move up; we're very happy to be in the Level3 data center in Tustin; certainly we get much better connectivity than we could afford at any price at our office.

I'd never install any Xwindows interface on a webserver. Personally I don't even like Webmin, but it's a much less resource-intensive solutions.

DA won't mind changing your license as required, and the install is quite easy; you type one command and fill in a few blanks, and watch the stuff scroll by on the screen.

Jeff

hi jeff, man thanks for the reply, centos 4.1 up, da up, and loving it,,, now to finishing the install, just for a nubes need to ask -- i have the server as srv.domain.com if i want to have email and/or a seprate web site other than the servers default , do i create another domain with out the srv3, ie:domain.com and add the necessary a records etc. i mean the same domain,, srv3. domain.com and then as a reseller add domain.com again and set it up ? hey iam getting my self confused,,,, thanks i think

chuck

wen i think my head hurts :confused:

There are several ways you can set up a new domain.

1) Add it to the User Panel under the Admin user (not recommended)
2) Create a new user and specify the domain name
3) Create a reseller and specify the domain name
4) Create a reseller and under the reseller create a user and specify the domain name

There are varied opinions about options 2,3,4.

I think you need to decide for yourself how best to organize your server. In any event when you've got the domain set up you can add email addresses.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

Back