Best OS?

scott9824

Verified User
Which distribution would be best to use with DA? I'm considering a new DA server, since I love it on my VPS which I use to test software.

It's running Fedora Core 2 w/o any issues, but I'm jw.

Thanks,
Scott

This is discussed a lot.

Personaly I would use CENTOS instead of FC. FC is limited by support/updates and CentOS has longer support.

I'm not sure that DA Support would answer this question but who knows, maybe they-ll supprise me.

I believe the OS you use is a personal choice, you need to choose an OS that you feel comfortable using, choose one where you know you'll get support for an extended period of time because you'll probably not change the OS in a hurry once you have customers on the server.

A lot of people (including myself) have chosen CentOS but an equal number have chosen FreeBSD and yet others have chosen FC and other OSes. Make your own choice, at the end of the day the best OS for you is the one that you can use and keep secure and up-to-date.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

Debian is by far the best.
Why? Because that's what I'm using.
The best operating system is dependent on what you like and are comfortable using and maintaining.

Sorry jmstacey,

I don't know how I could have forgotten Debian from my list :p . There are a lot of people out there using Debian as well.

Regards,
Onno

Debian is not on the list - does it work with DA?

I am using DA on a number of web servers running redhat derivatives or fedora core but my favorite distro for local desktop use is debian. Are you saying that DA works ok with debian?
Thanks

Re: Debian is not on the list - does it work with DA?

aoimacollamain said:
Are you saying that DA works ok with debian?

Yep,
So far I haven't run into any major problems, and haven't hit any bugs for quite awhile now.

Debian question

Hello
I have a questions about migration from Fedora Core 2 to Debian - is any issue when i do this? I mean is this migration to debian from Fedora don't give (example) trouble with settings of users account etc?

Back