Production Release: 5.4

eSology

Verified User
Now that FreeBSD has Production Release: 5.4 out for use, will this thread get moved out of Beta Testing? I have a new server that I just installed 4.11 on because it works well with DirectAdmin. Now I am toying with using 5.4 but I don't want to have any DA issues.

Bueller?

Anyone know the status of DA support for newer FreeBSD Stable Releases?

Hello,

The 5.4 packages seems to be working well. (Uses the 5.3 binaries). We have not had any issues related to the version of the OS, so 5.4 would likely be ready to be called stable.

Anyone currently using 5.4 care to comment?

The 5.x tree, (5.3 and earlier) has been stable for some time now. Forum just hasn't been updated.

John

Directadmin itself works quite well on 5.3 and 5.4, the issues I would say that need some investigating are named not reloading/restarting properly when changing dns records as workaround I have a crontab which restarts it on intervals, and DA using / as quota partition instead of /usr. There could also perhaps be a warning message telling the OP that the quotas wont work until QUOTA is enabled in the kernel.

Thank you for the feedback. I am happy with DA on 4.11. No work arounds or issues that I am aware of.

My server is running 5.4 with DA for about 84 days now , no problems found sofar.

would like to see this thread moved out of BETA too.

Back