Exiscan + ClamAV and CentOS 4.1

rocky

Verified User
I am newbie here I manage to install DA on CentOS 4.1 box with no problem. I am still on 30 days demo license. Currently the server is in my office with DSL connection with static IPs. I like to know what other software to install before bring to the server to the datacenter. Of course buy DA license for the server.

I will fresh install the server with CentOS 4.1 and bring to the datacenter. There I will install the DA.
What other configuration I need to set before connection to the datacenter network.

I read many thread deals about Exiscan and ClamAv. I haven't see a thread on how to install Exiscan and ClamAv on CentOS 4.1 server.

Please any Pro DA users can shine some light on how to install these third party software on my server and other configuration that I need before put the server in services.

Thanks

Rocky

Exiscan is already added to the default Exim package by DA (Exiscan patch :)).
However you still will have to enable that.

Check the 'spamblocker released' thread for more info (don't have url, but you can find it with search).
That thread also explains on how to install SpamAssassin and Clamav. It shouldn't be all too different from other FC versions.

(got no FC experience here ;))

Instructions for installing ClamAV for FC should work fine on CentOS.

Note that neither I nor JBMC (the authors of DA) support installation of ClamAV.

Jeff

Back