Are updates automated?

Integrity

Verified User
Hello,

I see that the DA guys are hard at work to make DA the best PANEL there is, if not already is (and you do get my personal vote).

Although I am very happy with all the mods and upgrades that have been mentioned in this forum there is still one question that is unclear after much search in this forum.

Is the update/upgrade to new mods, revision or updates automated?
I am currently a reseller and do not have an admin priviledges, Am I at the mercy of the admin or host when it comes to these great updates?

I would like to know if it is automated so I'll just patiently wait for it to take effect. If not then for sure I will voice it out to my admin host so that I am up-to-date as well.

Also if this has to be done manually, how long does it take update a server?

The core directadmin software will update itself when new versions are release, but accompanying software, such as PHP, needs upgraded manually (very easy though).

Hello,

In most cases, I will issue the update to all the DA servers the day after I release it. (current released version is on our main directadmin.com page). If there are a few things I want to add before updating everyone, I'll hold off and release the latest version before doing the update (like at the momment 1.196 is released, but not issued to all servers). This saves us a lot of bandwidth :) You are free to click "Update DirectAdmin" if you want it *now* :)

John

Back