FTPd brakes connection

MAC-Creations

Verified User
Hello,

I have a problem with the FTP connection to my server. When I want to upload a map with ± 4MB of files (like FCKEditor) it will return that de connection fails under the uploading progress. Every time (tried a lot of FTP clients) with every big map of files I get the same error.

Also the FTP connection brakes when I upload an Thumb.db file of Windows OS or I will upload a map that already exists.

I can't find a problem or any setting in DirectAdmin that I can change.

I hope someone here can help me.

Kind regards,

Martijn Snels
MAC-Creations

Same problem here. After uploading a few files, the connection isn't stable anymore or is completely gone and i can't even connect anymore. (error message: the server actively refused the connection). after a reboot, it works again for a few minutes.

I'm hopeless at the moment: I'm going to the datacentre to disable hyperthreading and acpi in the bios. It seems that those two things don't help your server very much to be stable. Or someone maybe another idea?

I've tied it on my Windows XP computer (Normaly I'm working on my Apple Macintosh OSX), and there 't works fine... Now I use the Windows File Share function of Macintosh to share my files over the network and make the file able to access on my Windows computer. On my Windows computer I upload the files to my server...

Maybe it's a problem with my settings on my system...

Back