terminated account emails

DAclub

Verified User
heya all

i terminated an account and i wish t restore the emails.

when i #locate domain i found the emails there
how can i restore them ??

Hello,

What do you mean.. if they are already there, why would they need restoring? ...

John

the users account were terminated, and now i dont know what to do ?!!
do i recreate the users account once again ? or how do i restore back those emails ? i can still see email type files when i #locate domainname.com

thank you

Oh. :)

type:

updatedb

then do your locate again. "locate" uses it's own database which isn't updated that often. Forcing an update will refresh the database, and will remove files that don't exist from it's index.

:)

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Forcing an update will refresh the database, and will remove files that don't exist from it's index.

Hmmm, does that means that the files am trying to restore will be deleted ?? :D

and how to restore them :rolleyes:

:(

Hello,

I'm saying that the files are already gone. The "locate" program is just using an out of date image of the filesystem to show you the files.

Try actually looking in /var/spool/virtual/domain.com to see if it's there or not.

John

oops :eek:

got it, no files there now :rolleyes:

you made my files disapear :D

better call my customer and give him your email now ..... :D

thank you for your replies, time and lost files :D

sounds like John is correct here..... when you terminate an account all data should also be terminated. If you have not rebooted the system since the account termination or run the updatedb command running locate will search through an out of date database.

If the files do exist I would backup the directory then restore it with the correct prildges if the files have been removed.

Chris

Back