19,95$ SSL Cert from LiteSSL

They advertise that it's GeoTrust "equivalent".

When you click on "Purchase" or "Free Trial" you get a page hosted at:

secure.comodo.net

Comodo is a competitor of GeoTrust. They're dealer price is $42.50, so if these are the same cert, they're certainly a good buy.

They are two step certs; you will need to add what DA calls a "CA Root Certificate".

You might want to try their free trial and let us know what you think.

Jeff

Hi,

I might get told off here for ‘indirectly advertising’… but this could really help some people.

We run several hosting services, all using DA of course, and also have an SSL certificates site. All certificates offered are very cheap single root GeoTrust and RapidSSL and compatible with DA , issued instantly with no paperwork. DA users confused about how to create their CSR and install the certificate are welcome to use the live help as the support staff can help you with this … even do it for you if needed as long as it is for Direct Admin only.
See my signature for more info, free 30 day trial certificates are available.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I prefer the ones that are not 2 step like the cert's that ev1server's sell.

Hi,

Yes me too, that's what 'single root' means , only the certificate and the key.
As opposed to 'chained' which requires one or more CA in addition to the key and the cert.

EV1 sells GeoTrust as well so they are all single root with the exception of "ChainedSSL".

Single root and chained are as good really, i preffer single root ones myself.

Chained Root certificates are "old technology" and utilised by providers who do not own their own Root certificate. It is easier to install a Single Root certificate and single root certificates are generally regarded as being more trustworthy than a Chained Root certificate.

We(providing both types) recommend the use of a Single Root certificate unless the customer has a specific use for a Chained Root certificate.

Back