Roadmap?

interfasys

Verified User
Would it be possible to get a roadmap for DirectAdmin?

A matrix with features, state of developpement and ETA (version).

Maybe customers could also vote on some features (like the Mandrake Club).

That way we could know when some of our favorite apps would be supported.

I am eagerly awaiting support for PostgreSQL, awstats, Horde or Tomcat.

I know most of these can easily be installed, but it's nice to be able to manage them from the cp. Plus, if it's supported by DA, it's less of a hassle for the server admin.

Hello,

You can get an idea of what's done and what's upcoming by visiting our versions page at:

http://www.directadmin.com/versions.php

The "Click here for all Versions" link will take you to the full history, including upcoming features not yet implemented.

Most comments/suggestions come to us by e-mail and the forum, and we generally base development by customer demand so we do in fact use a crude voting system. :)

However, much of our time is used up by support and development so constantly pumping out features isn't something we can always assure. Out of what you listed, PostegreSQL is the only thing we haven't looked at so far.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello,

I saw the versions page, but it doesn't tell me what will be implemented on the long term.

I just want to get an idea of when I'll be able to manage PosgreSQL or Awstat from the cp per example. Those are things my customers and I are looking for. Knowing this would help me and maybe others to plan ahead.

PostgreSQL : planned(1.199), will be in base package(1.199), will be available in the cp(1.203)
Awstat : runs(1.196), will be in base package(1.199), will be available in the cp(1.199).

Back