mod_userdir

BugLight

Verified User
I've got a guy who's getting logged visits to his site, but they aren't his site. For instance:

http://blah.com/~fred/index.html

Well fred is a user on the box, but not one of blah.com's users. I apologize I haven't dug any deeper to see how you handle users under domain users but I was hoping this was a known deal and I could squash it right away.

From the way it looks mod_userdir is snagging unix users, well, as it should - but odd that they would use this guy's domain to do it. And it's not just this one user being rewritten using his domain name, he's got three different ones showing up in the logs apparently unrelated to each other but served via his domain.

I hate to just blanket disable mod_userdir like we had to do on the Plesk boxes (unrelated issue, that was due to the limbo effect, sliding under the bandwidth pole) 'cause it hoses previews.

Anyhow do you see any way that apache could log this under this guy's site without the url actually being presented with his domain in it?

Thanks

Hello,

That's a problem that still up in the air. The only thing that *I* currenlty know of is to disable it... so if anyone knows of a better solution, please, let us know :)

John

Hello,

Good news then. I guess it was just a RTFM issue for me :D. I'll see what I can do.

John

Back