Unable to create domain

alanpollenz

I am in the process of moving several websites to a dedicated server that uses DirectAdmin. The "main website" is webgrafxx.com, so when I was going through Da for the first time I set up ns1.webgrafxx.com and ns2.webgrafxx.com as the name servers and server.webgrafxx.com as the server name.

I then set up a new account for apapdp.org, which is the firat website I am moving to the new server. That went flawlessly, and now I am just waiting for the propogation.

I then went to set up a "web account" for webgrafxx.com, as I didn't think this had occured yet. I had not received any email message to that effect, nor had I received anything to indicate what the directories, password, logins, etc were for the website. I received a message to the effect that DA was unable to create the account because it already exists.

webgrafxx.com and apapdp.org both exist in the dns admin panel, but I am unable to figure out how to access the webgrafxx account to move the website over, setup email, etc.

Also, when I go to the user panel, it tells me "no data to show." I have to sign out and then log back in with my apapdp login to see the apapdp.org data, but there is no way I am able to acces the webgrafxx data.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Alan Pollenz

Hello,

DirectAdmin uses the /etc/named.conf file to determine if a domain already exists on the server. If you want to add the domain through DA, you'll have to first remove the zone from that file. After that, it will let you create the domains.

John

Back