IFrame Redirect Plugin

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

A few people were asking for Iframe redirects, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to test out the plugin system.

I've created an iframe.tar.gz plugin, available here:
http://www.directadmin.com/iframe.tar.gz

You can install it from Admin Level -> Plugin Manager.

It's very basic and is a good example application for the plugin system. Feel free to use it/modify it as a base for your own User plugins. (There is no Admin/Reseller Level, as they are not needed in this case)

John

Amazing. Thanks a lot!

edit:
By the way, I will ask our coder to implement some other functions to it, like listing redirects, changing current ones. Will get back to this shortly.

Last edited:
Hmm...looking further, for some reason it's not substitute the |DOMAIN| in the user_txt.html file

PHP:
<a href="/CMD_PLUGINS/iframe/index.html?domain=|DOMAIN|">IFrame Redirect</a>

Wierd.

I've even gone as far as deleting the entire plugins directory and reinstalling it. Still same thing. I'm stumped.

Aha..figured it out. Doesn't work under the "default" skin, but works fine under the Enhanced and Power User...

Bug. :)

Last edited:
how do i remove a iframe redirect? just delete the inex.html i assume?

theres no delete option in the controlpanel

We've been doing redirects for years with a zero-size frame in the html, inserted manually. Is there a difference between that and the way this plugin works?

Jeff

Hi,

i get the following error:
Unable to execute your request

Details

That plugin does not exist for the specified User Level

logged in as:
Admin
Reseller
User

Jeffreybr said:
Hi,

i get the following error:
Unable to execute your request

Details

That plugin does not exist for the specified User Level

logged in as:
Admin
Reseller
User
Someone with a solution for this?

Hello,

The plugin doesn't work anymore suddenly.

Creating a Redirect to http://www.site.tn/ in file /home/admin/domains/domain.tn/public_html/index.html...
Unable to open /home/admin/domains/domain.tn/public_html/index.html for writing. Check your permissions.

Do you have any ideas ?

Exellent guys !!

This is something that is asked for very often ! Haven't tested yet, but the iniciative is fantastic.

I also like how you included the domain that they are creating the Iframe redirect for, and the / as default so they can see exactly what's being redirect. It would be nice if the site redirection also showed the domain as well (and slash) hehehe

Great job !

:D

Hi there Sullise,

Since the error is obvious I wouldn't have made this post if I didn't chmod accordingly first.

I'm getting this error on 2 different servers.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Hi there Sullise,

Since the error is obvious I wouldn't have made this post if I didn't chmod accordingly first.

I'm getting this error on 2 different servers.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Ok...not so obvious..php.ini. Is fopen, etc being disabled?

Back