.Htaccess & Filemanager problem

maeltor

Hi guys,

I've been hosted on an ENSIM based server (@8-95.com) for awhile now and just switched to DirectAdmin.

I like DA a lot and would LOVE it if 8-95 gave me my SSH access I had with Ensim back to me (hint hint if any of them are in here).

The one thing my developer and I have noticed is that with filemanager, .htaccess files seem to dissappear and once uploaded are no longer viewable anywere. Keep in mind that I DON'T have SSH and the only views I currently have are Filemanager and FTP. Is there a way around this, or something i'm spacing? Let me know because its hampering our site development since we can't seem to modify anything other than just uploading a new copy and hope it takes.

Thanks. Glad to be part of the DA Community :)

Hello,

your .htaccess files *are* there, but just hidden. All files that start with a dot are usually considered hidden, so the Filemanager doesn't show them. You can edit them from the filemanger by entering the ususal filename into your location bar, but add "?action=edit" to the end of the string. eg:

domain.com:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/domain.com/public_html/.htaccess?action=edit

John

and in most FTP clients you can set the command to use for the LIST command. Check the options in your ftp client.

If you want to view the hidden files in FTP you choose the command: "LIST -al"

Back