Wikis

Unless you're willing to give us more details it's impossible for us to know if your problem is even DA related.

Jeff

Well, ... twiki unpacks with perl executables in .../public_html/twiki/bin which don't run. Unpacking it into /public_html/cgi-bin/... I can run the perl, but not the html.

Attempting tricks like moving .../twiki/bin from the cgi-bin path didn't help.

At this time however, those tests were made using an owned IP; not a domain name. I may try again after the domain is moved.

I did try mediawiki; being familiar with it as user/sysop but not admin. It installed and configured pretty easily on an hsphere hosted account. I also installed PmWiki on a console system pretty easily.

After working with each a bit, and researching some more, I determined to try one more before moving forward; then I decided to move from the hsphere host to a DA host (as reseller).

Features which I look forward to in twiki are better footnoting, more access controls, and better concurrent project operations.

Having introduced the hosting move, and for other imminent previous commitments, i won't be able to return to this twiki install to DA project for another two or three weeks. I might be able to learn something useful about suExec before then however :)

Follow=up

twiki is now installed and looks to be good.

The tripping point was a need to copy its 'bin' into cgi-bin, and fix some other perms.

I've also since moved mediawiki over from a prior installation; and it's looking good as well.

Back