Disable all those page loading animation ?

ozgurerdogan

Verified User
Is it somehow possible to disable all those page loading animation of DA ? They are really annoying and time consuming.

If you'd let us know what do you mean by "all" - it'd be easier to assist you. At this moment I have no idea what should be done :) For example - do you want to remove that small blue line on top of the page which is indicating that something is loading? A CSS rule can be placed to hide it. Would you like /assets/img/preloader.svg logo not to be shown at all on initial loading? It can be replaced with an empty image in /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evolution/assets/img/custom/preloader.svg. Please list the things in question, and we'll try to answer that. I'd like to note they're not time consuming, because you'd be waiting the same time just with a blank white page for it to load, instead of showing loader animation :) Other than that - just let us know what annoys you and we'll try to assist.

I think ozgurerdogan wants to disable blur and zooming animations when navigating different parts of DA (page transitions).

Last edited:
I think ozgurerdogan wants to disable blur and zooming animations when navigating different parts of DA (page transitions).
That way we'd know what's in question :) @jet1972 would you like these to be disabled on your own system? (that way you wouldn't know page content has changed, like in regular website where you get a 'white flash' of nothing when new page loads (which is "transition" effect too, maybe just doesn't irritate anyone?). We can make optional transitions effect "white flash" of nothing too, if that's sound better (it'd personally irritate me too, especially when in dark mode, and you get a white flash on every page change) :)

Waiting for the opinions/suggestions. Thank you.

Yes, I would want just fast page loading without any transitions. The page should update seamlessly and it would be enough to have that small blue line on top of the page which is indicating that something is loading and fade it away when done.

I think no-one would like to have that "standard" white flash "transition" :)

Kind regards,
J

Last edited:
Yes, I would want just fast page loading without any transitions. The page should update seamlessly and it would be enough to have that small blue line on top of the page which is indicating that something is loading and fade it away when done.

I think no-one would like to have that "standard" white flash "transition" :)

Kind regards,
J
That blue line is not always there :) Try “create user” and it will load faster than any line is shown, as it’s immediate. Anyway, we may consider that option, even if it might confuse and let someone think nothing has changed :)

"That blue line is not always there" I can live with that kind of speed! :)

1. Logo loading with animation in middle of page.
2. Page data tables (like mail account listing) with fade in animation.
3. Most annoying thing is, pages is not loaded unless you activate that windows in browser. I tried chrome://flags/#expensive-background-timer-throttling but no lock. I think many admins use multible links open at same time and wants that windows o be ready when tab is clicked.

Older skin really fast and productive but not new skin. Please just make it like html pages. Everyone has fast enough pc and net speed and nobody needs those loading things (we are not in 90s :) )
I know using css or replacing preloader.svg might help but it needs to be done on every DA server manually. And every update will replace it. So it must be builtin.

If a page loading is taking longer time then it should display progress bar.

All these images, animations, delay, effects and transitions etc should be easily confugurable in a config file / gui.

Last edited:
Users has different needs, some would like to have all the bells and whistles and some non of it, so users/admin should have the choice to to configure these.

1. Logo loading with animation in middle of page.
2. Page data tables (like mail account listing) with fade in animation.
3. Most annoying thing is, pages is not loaded unless you activate that windows in browser. I tried chrome://flags/#expensive-background-timer-throttling but no lock. I think many admins use multible links open at same time and wants that windows o be ready when tab is clicked.

Older skin really fast and productive but not new skin. Please just make it like html pages. Everyone has fast enough pc and net speed and nobody needs those loading things (we are not in 90s :) )
I know using css or replacing preloader.svg might help but it needs to be done on every DA server manually. And every update will replace it. So it must be builtin.
I agree, "evolution" works slower than "enhanced", it looks like 3-5 times slower.

Older skin really fast and productive but not new skin. Please just make it like html pages.

May you name just 1 page which loads slower than the old skin? Filemanger excluded, as it should be re-done in the future. Knowing at least 1 page which is slower would let us check what causes the difference.

Everyone has fast enough pc and net speed and nobody needs those loading things (we are not in 90s :) )

I don't recall any SPA (single-page-application) in 90s in web, do you? Transitions is a natural effect in today's apps, unless I'm missing something? :) I'm not saying current transition effect is the best, I'm just saying I'm seeing transitions in today's apps, for example, latest version of iOS on my iPhone. Just take your phone for example, try opening an email, removing it, going to another application, I'm sure you'd see transitions everywhere. "white flash" transitioning reminds me more of 90's :)

Anyway, a feature request is a feature request. Newest version has ability to disable transitions at all. Just use pre-release or latest version of the skin.
Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 19.29.54.png

I agree, "evolution" works slower than "enhanced", it looks like 3-5 times slower.

Endpoint (except Filemanger) would be appreciated, 1 is enough to do the comparison.

Thank you for the suggestions/feedback, they're really appreciated!

I am sure we understand each other very well. I really like DA. And thank you for update. It is so much better now. But background tabs are not fully loading. A grey loading bar in middle of page shows for 1-2 second but rest of page is already loaded. Just open multible tabs and wait for them to be loaded and activate those tabs you will see.

May you name just 1 page which loads slower than the old skin? Filemanger excluded, as it should be re-done in the future. Knowing at least 1 page which is slower would let us check what causes the difference.

I don't recall any SPA (single-page-application) in 90s in web, do you? Transitions is a natural effect in today's apps, unless I'm missing something? :) I'm not saying current transition effect is the best, I'm just saying I'm seeing transitions in today's apps, for example, latest version of iOS on my iPhone. Just take your phone for example, try opening an email, removing it, going to another application, I'm sure you'd see transitions everywhere. "white flash" transitioning reminds me more of 90's :)

Anyway, a feature request is a feature request. Newest version has ability to disable transitions at all. Just use pre-release or latest version of the skin.
View attachment 2977

Endpoint (except Filemanger) would be appreciated, 1 is enough to do the comparison.

Thank you for the suggestions/feedback, they're really appreciated!

Nice!
But there is a bug disabling this feature: Just click on ConfigServer Security & Firewall or CustomBuild 2.0-menu item and the transitions are back.

Nice!
But there is a bug disabling this feature: Just click on ConfigServer Security & Firewall or CustomBuild 2.0-menu item and the transitions are back.

We'll check it soon.

@ozgurerdogan @Zhenyapan still waiting for URLs that are slow (where Enhanced is faster). Let's make the criticism constructive.

You do not need any measurment for that. Overall it takes more time doing same action with Enchaned. Not because it is slow!, but page affects makes you wait to get page fully loaded then you can for example fill form to create mail account. And reason for that (I asked in forum and ticket how to disable it before with no success) is, background tabs are not loading till you activate that tab in browser. I could not find a way to force background tabs to be fully populated. So probably fix must be done from DA's side. So 10 mails account creating is 10 secs longer than Enhanced skin :) Not a big deal but could be fixed. I can shoot a video but do not think it is needed.

console shows fine load time: http://joxi.ru/v29GEpoizp49Or
but with visual effects I feel it like not 0,04s but like 0,5s
How to update skin to check "disable route.."?
---
another problem I solved myself: when I enter from admin/reseller level (with enhanced) to users account (with evo) it makes to reload all styles, and makes load slower, it's not skin problem - it's my problem :) screens just to compare
enhanced2evo: http://joxi.ru/DmBZaPqcz4q1zm
evo2evo: http://joxi.ru/5mdBxq5He8qZpA
so for faster load - use same skin for all server.

"We'll check it soon. "

Ok, and it seems that the setting does not survive simply page refresh (F5)

"We'll check it soon. "

Ok, and it seems that the setting does not survive simply page refresh (F5)
Unable to reproduce. May you screencast it?

console shows fine load time: http://joxi.ru/v29GEpoizp49Or
but with visual effects I feel it like not 0,04s but like 0,5s
How to update skin to check "disable route.."?
---
another problem I solved myself: when I enter from admin/reseller level (with enhanced) to users account (with evo) it makes to reload all styles, and makes load slower, it's not skin problem - it's my problem :) screens just to compare
enhanced2evo: http://joxi.ru/DmBZaPqcz4q1zm
evo2evo: http://joxi.ru/5mdBxq5He8qZpA
so for faster load - use same skin for all server.
Those 'real' loading times can be measured too, so, just show the ones where Evolution actually shows data for use slower than Enhanced :)

Back