DirectAdmin 1.62.8 RC1

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We're pleased to announce the release candidate for 1.62.8.

This version includes a couple of bug-fixes and some internal upgrades, change-log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.62.8

The most notable feature would be depreciation of suid mode for main directadmin binary and refactored brute-force accounting mechanism.

Should you run into any issues, please let us know in the forum below, to avoid duplicates in the ticket system.

Thanks!
fln

Hi everyone!

We're pleased to announce the release candidate for 1.62.8.

This version includes a couple of bug-fixes and some internal upgrades, change-log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.62.8

The most notable feature would be depreciation of suid mode for main directadmin binary and refactored brute-force accounting mechanism.

Should you run into any issues, please let us know in the forum below, to avoid duplicates in the ticket system.

Thanks!
fln
In the change log I see that the login bug-fix will not be disclosed. But is this until almost everyone is updated as a safety precaution or infinite none disclosure?

PLEASE very old BUGS still there! Please i have edit one topic one part is partly solved,

Also this in more topics then beneath no solution yet even not in DOCS a howto ?

Last edited:
2 other BUGS 162.7 ?

EVO

If you do in evo file manager permissions then it looks like recursive is done even if not choosen files and directorys and sub directorys , problems with permission in filemanager.

If you have created a domain and after a while a LE cert the first time then it could happen no error but only for one part example if www and non www then only www has LE cert, if doing a Letsencrypt then manually for second time everything looks OK then both have cert

hi everyone, it took some time to sort out compatibility issues with the CLI call directadmin --DocumentRoot which was used by some DA plugins. We ended up adding support for directadmin --DocumentRoot event when suid bit on DA binary is not set. The full release should happen soon.

So, do we get a workaround for 3037 if our OS is EOL?

We have no plans to release more updates for the EOL distros. Which distro/version do you have in mind? Are there any reasons why upgrade to a newer distro version can not be performed?

2 other BUGS 162.7 ?

EVO

If you do in evo file manager permissions then it looks like recursive is done even if not choosen files and directorys and sub directorys , problems with permission in filemanager.

If you have created a domain and after a while a LE cert the first time then it could happen no error but only for one part example if www and non www then only www has LE cert, if doing a Letsencrypt then manually for second time everything looks OK then both have cert

I am not able to reproduce the issues on a new DA install from beta branch. Could you please fill a ticket via the ticketing system so we could investigate your case separately? Maybe it has something to do with a specific DA configuration?

I am not able to reproduce the issues on a new DA install from beta branch. Could you please fill a ticket via the ticketing system so we could investigate your case separately? Maybe it has something to do with a specific DA configuration?
@fln
For this box none ticket possible while is license from Hosting

CentOs 8 alma

ON other box with license no time to test while we are in middle of migrations and out of time window for those.

IN file manager it was through the admin user login as the user then in privatehtml domain subdirs, with edge latest stable on windows 10 pro

That from LE cert is maybe because to soon after domain resolved on changed dns at external dns service provider? ( is that possible ?) ( so after creating domain on new box that was before on other box manually or even one after a backup restored to new box, where domain on old box was also live for those moments

@fln EDIT LE CERT only for one part of domain ( www and not the non www created without noticing errors this maybe is specific therefore here info.: I did one domain today waited longer then last time after the dns change ( where all i have sett more then 48 hours before the ttl on 5 Minutes)

@fln think i found to that this is related to this while in EVO that certs where before i did the new lets encrypt on best ssl ...... where it went wrong i remember so a combination > https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...ipal-name-is-invalid-error.64623/#post-336174

Last edited:
Back