Recent content by wattie

1. wattie

Direct copy of home from one DA to another?

I have a FreeBSD DA installation which I am planning to migrate to Debian. I know about the regular backup/restore process; however I wish if it can be a bit quicker. Can I just somehow copy the whole /home folder instead of going through the zip/unzip procedure?
  2. wattie

PHP 5.6 on Debian 12 (How to)

I wish to share my experience with running PHP 5.6 on Debian 12. As you all probably know, Debian 12 is comming with OpenSSL 3 and PHP 5.6 is not going to run with it. Therefore you need to run two Open SSL installations. Here is how to do it: 1. Download openssl 1.1.1 tar.gz from the official...
  3. wattie

How are they sending this spam from default account

I see from where to whom but can't find out HOW...
  4. wattie

How are they sending this spam from default account

I have a user who has no website and no e-mails. Their public_html folder contains a single .htaccess file which defines a simple 403 redirect to their new website which is not on my server. Same in private_html. The php-mail.log is 0 bytes but I've disabled PHP just to make sure... And their...
  5. wattie

DirectAdmin 1.646 on FreeBSD 13.1

Well it's out of support. I don't know if its worth it.
  6. wattie

RewriteCond: cannot compile regular expression (after upgrade apache to 2.4.54)

Not an expert in regex, but this: RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/\index\.php.* looks wrong to me as \ is used to escape character and it is followed by i (from index) which I believe is not to be escaped.
  7. wattie

Empty backups

I think it was actually to issue with DA itself (hanging) and it was not fixed because of the command line run but because I did restart the DA service (I did /usr/local/etc/rc.d/directadmin restart).
  8. wattie

Empty backups

... and now it works using the backup system... HA!!!
  9. wattie

Empty backups

Using the command line it worked: root@srv2:/ # /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin admin-backup --destination=/home/admin/bup2 --user=<user> root@srv2:/ # cd /home/admin/bup2/lightingbg/ root@srv2:/home/admin/bup2/<user> # ll total 1830500 drwx------ 5 <user> <user> 512 Mar 14 21:52...
  10. wattie

Empty backups

It does not work with user backup too. An it backs up in another partition, so it's not disk issue.
  11. wattie

Empty backups

Hahah, well... not funny :)
  12. wattie

Empty backups

Just tried to switch to zstd compression - same thing. So it's nothing to do with the compression itself :(
  13. wattie

Empty backups

Suddently I found out that my backups are... empty. For example today I manually backed up a site and according to the message system everything was fine: User <user> has been backed up. <17:05:05> The Admin backups have been created in /home/admin/bup2 <17:05:05> But after that looking at...
  14. wattie

Squirrelmail released PHP8 support

Nice to see they did that!
Back