Recent content by wattie

1. W

Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user: 'da_admin@localhost'

When you start MySQL with root user without password (the from the guide that you follow with the --skip-grant-tables option), run the following SQL statement: REPAIR TABLE mysql.user After that, you may be able to login again. But that is maybe not the only corrupted table. You may want to...
  2. W

Nghttp2 v1.41.0 (CVE-2020-11080)

This release includes a security fix: CVE-2020-11080: Denial of service: Overly large SETTINGS frames
  3. W

"An error occurred while sending the mail" when changing password

OK I FOUNT IT - thanks for sending me to look into this folder. /usr/local/directadmin was in the "blocked_script_paths" list. It looks like the Blockcracking script (or something like that) added it there a long time ago and I didn't even notice (obviously).
  4. W

It looks like it is fine... root@srv2:/var/spool/exim # ll total 88 -rw------- 1 mail mail 64 Apr 15 13:54 blocked_authenticated_users -rw------- 1 mail mail 248 May 1 2019 blocked_script_paths drwxr-x--- 2 mail mail 512 Feb 8 2017 db/ -rw-r--r-- 1 mail mail...
  5. W

I get "Error while sending email" followed by "An error occurred while sending the mail" when trying to generate new random password and send it to the selected e-mail address. It happens on all accounts. Based on my search in previous threads on this matter, it is supposed to be permissions...
  6. W

build modsecurity fails on compile FreeBSD 12.1

It should be addressed with a ticket to DA support. If you want to dig inside for a custom installation, what DA is doing is written in the Build script. You can edit /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build with any text editor and find it. At first shot there are three functions to look at...
  7. W

MariaDB 10.4.13, 10.3.23, 10.2.32, 10.1.45, 5.5.68

It is not compiling on FreeBSD 11.3: root@srv2:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild # ./build update_versions Updating MariaDB. Extracting mariadb-10.4.13.tar.gz ... Shared object "libjsoncpp.so.1" not found, required by "cmake" Done. Making mariadb-10.4.13... Trying to make mariadb-10.4.13...
  8. W

PHP 7.4.6, 7.3.18, 7.2.31

It has always been like that with almost every major release.
  9. W

OpenSSL 1.1.1g - fixes CVE-2020-1967

Usually it will work fine - there's no major change. But it is still recommended to recompile all software which use it - which is almost everything in DA :)
  10. W

Can't save PID to file /var/run/clamd/freshclam.pid: Permission denied

I forgot about this thread. Changing ownership of the directory /var/rn/clamd to root:clamav with permissions 770 fixed the issue for me.
  11. W

OpenSSL 1.1.1g - fixes CVE-2020-1967

OpenSSL version 1.1.1d, 1.1.1e, and 1.1.1f are affected by issue with the TLS 1.3 handshake which can cause remote DoS attack. Here is the security advisory: https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20200421.txt Please update your OpenSSL installations.
  12. W

PEAR errors during upgrade php 7.3/7.4

It's not an error. It's just saying that there are newer versions of some modules but the recommended versions are older than them. I forced them, eg: ./pear upgrade --force PEAR ./pear upgrade --force XML_Util ... I didn't notice any issues so far. Just did upgrade to the newest versions...
  13. W

PEAR errors during upgrade php 7.3/7.4

I did upgrade them ignoring the warning. I did not feel any issues so far. Did that months ago. But not these versions - older.
  14. W

Where is the php error log location

Normally it is in /var/log/httpd/domains/domain.com.error.log
  15. W

CustomBuild 2.0. safe to upgrade MariaDB 5.5.60 update to 10.3.22 ?

I would do it in a safer path. First upgrade to 10.0. Then 10.1. Then 10.2. And then 10.3.