Search results

1. Z

PHP and Exim can't update

Both PHP 8.2.11 > 8.2.12 and Exim 4.96.2-12-g29d01ae2a (weird?) > 4.97 updates fail. I tried using the interface and the terminal, both fail. The PHP update errors out here: checking if iconv supports errno... configure: error: iconv does not support errno no *** There was an error while...
  2. Z

Let's Encrypt stopped working

A few weeks ago I upgraded my server from Ubuntu 18.04 to Ubuntu 20.04. I did the release upgrade on the machine itself and rebuild all the Directadmin software afterwards with the Custombuild plugin. All seemed to work fine, but now a few weeks later it turns out Let's Encrypt somehow stopped...
  3. Z

Build MariaDB deletes all databases

I don't know if this behaviour is intended or a bug, but for me it was a surprise. I had some issues with MariaDB crashing the last week so I decided to rebuild it to see if it would fix things, wouldn't hurt either right? Custombuild > Build Software > Build MariaDB. I thought this worked...
  4. Z

Roundcube Backup Error

Since about a week, my regular Admin Backups don't work anymore. Today I finally had the time to check the error log and it's trowing errors for Roundcube database. This makes sense, because I'm not using Roundcube and it's set to "No" in Custombuild options. Is this a bug in the backup...
  5. Z

Custom nginx_protected_directory no longer working?

After upgrading to Directadmin 1.62 I decided to delete all my custom nginx templates from /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom to start fresh, as these templates were quite old and I never updated them. After I did this I started applying some custom changes again by copying the latest...
  6. Z

Filmemanager: create copy in same folder

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but it's question/feedback for the new File Manager. My usecase: I often use the File Manager to create a copy of an existing file in a folder and then edit the document. For me this is quicker then for example using FTP in this case. With the old File...
  7. Z

Let's Encrypt with domain redirect and HSTS

So, I have HSTS (Strict-Transport-Security-header) enabled server-wide trough a custom nginx_server_secure.conf template. This works fine, apart from one case I'm running into now and can't find a solution for. One of my clients used to host a personal website, misterexample.com, with a valid...
  8. Z

DirectAdmin can't restart itself and other services

I installed a fresh DirectAdmin on Ubuntu 18.04 (License set to the general Linux 64-bit) and after some troubleshooting in the Debian 10 beta subforum most of it works just fine now. But there's one big thing that doesn't work across the entire system: restarting services by DirectAdmin. I...
  9. Z

Restoring databases not working

So I'm installing DirectAdmin on Ubuntu 18.04, with the license file set to 'Linux 64-bit'. I tackled a lot of issues already, but I'm stuck at restoring mysql databases right now. So first of all I tried to use Admin Backup/Transfer to restore my users. This works fine, apart from databases...
  10. Z

PHP-FPM 7.3 on Ubuntu 18.04

As mentioned in the Debian 10 Alpha topic, I'm in the process of installing DirectAdmin on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, based on Debian 10. To keep that topic clean I opted for a fresh topic for the problem I haven't found a solution for yet. As summed up in this post, I managed to install DirectAdmin on...
  11. Z

Admin Backup failes on mysql

This weekend I upgraded my server from Ubuntu 14.04 (EOL) tot Ubuntu 16.04. All seems to be working quite fine, apart from the scheduled Admin Backup. It throws up this error for all users/databases: Error while backing up database XXXX Error while backing up database XXXX: The sql file is 0...
  12. Z

Cronjob bug in Evolution skin

First: no idea if this is the right sub-forum to post a skin bug. There seems to be a bug in the Evolution skin regarding cronjobs. When I go to the cronjobs list as user, I can add new ones and edit existing ones, but the delete button does nothing. When I select the cronjob I want to delete...
  13. Z

Upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 LTS to 16.04 LTS

Hello, I've been using Directadmin succesfully on Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS for the past few years. This version of Ubuntu will be out of support in Q1 2019, so I will have to upgrade the software. I saw Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is based on Debian 10 which isn't supported yet, so I decided to go for...
  14. Z

A lot of PHP-folders in Custombuild

My server is running out of disk space and before upgrading I was doing a quick scan to see if things that shouldn't be there are taking up (too) much space. I noticed the /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild folder was over 4GB. It turns out, it contains a lot of PHP folders from between 500-600...
  15. Z

Protecting directory

I'm using DirectAdmin with CB2 with Nginx-only. As known, it is possible to protect a directory from within the DA File Manager. I thought this was working perfectly, I get the HTTP-Auth screen when I visit domain.com/protected/. But only recently I discovered all the images inside that...
  16. Z

Email out of sync

I use my Directadmin-server as a mail server too with the default software provided, so Dovecot and Exim. But I'm having some irritating problems and wanted to know if other people experience it as well or know where I have to look to fix it. In general it's working quite well, but my email...
  17. Z

IMAP folders

I've got a problem with IMAP and I can't seem to find the right answer (or the right search term? :p). I'm using Directadmin as my mail server, with Dovecot and Roundcube webmail. I use the IMAP-protocol to get my mail on all my devices and I keep running into a problem around folders: it's a...
  18. Z

HTTP/2: ALPN-support

Recently the Chrome browser dropped support for NPN, which means HTTP/2 is only possible when using ALPN. Problem: ALPN is only available in recent OpenSSL versions. At the moment I have the following setup: - Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS (Debian Jessie) - Nginx only The OpenSSL version used in...
  19. Z

HTTP/2 over IPV6: Multi-IP

Since a few days my provider provided my homeadress with IPv6. In combination with the "HTTP/2 and SPDY indicator"-extension in Firefox, I noticed my websites aren't served over HTTP/2 when I'm surfing over IPv6. When I use a line with IPv4, HTTP/2 is used. After checking the Nginx-configfiles...
  20. Z

MariaDB space

I ran into a disk usage problem with my DirectAdmin server yesterday, so started to investigate where it came from with this command: du -h / | grep '^.*[0-9]G' | sort -n Turned out my biggest problem had nothing to do with something related to DirectAdmin, but I did find something interesting...
Back