Search results

1. J

my.cnf relatively barren

I'm in the process of troubleshooting a sluggish DA server. Part of this involved running mysqltuner.pl. It made some recommendations for updates to my mysql config. When I located and opened my.cnf I was surprised to see that it contained practically nothing.... I'm not mysql fluent, but my...
  2. J

Accepting Relays from O365

I was able to create a connector in O365 Exchange that successfully passed email to my DA server. The problem I was having in my original post happened because I had created a mailbox on O365 that matched the DA mailbox I was trying to verify. So instead of verification tests being forwarded...
  3. J

UPDATE: I have partially resolved this issue and report back once I have all the wrinkles ironed out.
  4. J

I'm trying to set up an O365 Exchange connector to relay email to my DA server. Part of the process of setting up the connector relay on O365 is to validate (using tools in the O365 Exchange Admin center) an email account on the DA server for the domain being configured. The email account and...
  5. J

System Load Warning question

SOLVED-ish. Frankly I don't know what I did to correct the issue. I noticed while observing "top" that a couple of services were spiking the CPU and Memory usage. Specifically php-fpm73 and mysqld. I noticed via Custombuild 2.0 that a minor update was available for php, so updated it...
  6. J

System Load Warning question

I've recently started receiving these emails every 10 minutes. It has been going on for days. My VM provider says he doesn't see any unusual CPU/Memory/Disk activity on my machine. Websites seem just as responsive as normal. The reported "load average" in the messages typically never goes above...
  7. J

ssh2... any reason to keep?

Thanks @floyd. Prior to posting my question I had disabled password-based SSH logins for 'root' (now can only login as root via SSH with certs). This was tested successfully. I did not disable SSH password authentication completely because it would cause difficulties for my users/customers. Is...
  8. J

ssh2... any reason to keep?

Upon reviewing brute force logon attempts to my DA server I notice a good number that reference 'ssh2'. Example... Feb 1 11:21:26 hosting sshd[32131]: Failed password for root from 114.233.51.216 port 56562 ssh2 I'm not highly proficient with Linux, so I'm making the assumption that his is...
  9. J

csf/lfd... seems broken, not sure

I tried installing csf and I'm pretty sure it's not working correctly. Here's what I see when I check the status of csf and lfd... service lfd status * lfd.service - ConfigServer Firewall & Security - lfd Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/lfd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)...
  10. J

Possible infection detected. How do I know?

Thanks Richard, I did have a look at the contents, but since I don't program PHP it's all gibberish to me. It's just 1 line of code with about 120 characters. I'd love to post the contents but don't want to draw the ire of the admins. And thanks for the Maldetect link. I'll check it out.
  11. J

Possible infection detected. How do I know?

I downloaded from my DA server a batch of user backup files to a local computer running a current version of ESET (Internet security program). ESET scanned the contents of the downloaded tar.gz files and reported that a single file was a "PHP/PhpShell.NBD trojan". The location of that file was...
  12. J

debian error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.10

My DA server crashed forcing me to rebuild my server environment from scratch. The virtual server I lost was running CentOS. The new server image (provisioned by my VPS vendor) uses Debian 9. I didn't realize until now that I needed to change the OS version in my DA Account before going through...
  13. J

Not all Web content being served up from a site

I think I'm s-l-o-w-l-y catching on. I didn't realize until now that there are two links related to each domain found in: DA --> (Extra Features) Custom HTTPD Configurations for both Apache and Nginx ("nginx proxy"). So to be clear... I need to set the property in two places?
  14. J

Not all Web content being served up from a site

I created a domain time.helpomatic.com Inside of that domain's public_html I installed a git-hub project called Kimai2 Kimai2 created a directory structure that looks like this: public_html/assets/ public_html/bin/ public_html/public/ public_html/var/ public_html/vendor/ The public...
  15. J

Changing the DocumentRoot for a subdomain

I have subdomain we'll call yadda.domain.com I've installed a Web app within that domain that has it's own directory tree /home/user/domains/domain.com/yadda/ /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/yadda/assets/ /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/yadda/bin/...
  16. J

Adding PHP v7.1 to DA server with v7.2 already installed?

Howdy, I just finished installing DA onto a new server and chose to install PHP version 7.2. Shortly after moving all my client's sites to the new server I received a complaint/request to install PHP version 7.1. Apparently a customer is using a script that's not compatible with 7.2. I've...
  17. J

SSH: Root AOK, Users Blocked

I've Googled this and can't seem to find an answer that fits my situation. I'm in the process of migrating accounts from an old DA server to a fresh one. O/S = CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core). I can log in to the server via SSH as root. Attempts to log into SSH as a user, however, seem to...
  18. J

Redirect Sub-Domain to Directory

I feel like I'm caught in an .htaccess Catch 22 nightmare. Help? I have a hosting customer who had a simple HTML site (www.villepaintersinc.com) who decided they wanted a blog. Since their existing site was static and because they didn't want to spend the money on converting to a full content...
  19. J

Using DA "SPAM Filters" to block domains using wildcards?

Over the last month personal email account is getting hammered with SPAM from email addresses with ".eu" domains. Is it possible to use the "User --> E-Mail Mangement --> SPAM Filters --> Block mail from an entire domain" option to block any incoming mail that ends with the extension ".eu"...
  20. J

my-large.cnf is missing... help!

I'm attempting to tune my mySQL server a little, so I tried following the instructions at http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=44. Problem is... the only .cnf file in the /usr/share/mysql/ directory is my-default.cnf which is essentially empty because practically every line is commented out...
Back