Search results

1. tlchost

Which script sends the welcome email

which script sends the welcome email to a new user? Does it also send a copy to a local(admin or root) address? thanks
  2. tlchost

deny access to a specific web page

I'm trying to deny access to a specific web page from a specific ip address. I believe the correct syntax in the .htpasswd file would be: deny from 123.123.123.123 what else is in the .htpasswd file? Do I place it in /domains/sitename/public_html/ ? Must be the advanced age here, but the...
  3. tlchost

Welcome Message to external address

Request ability have copy of original welcome message sent to external email address. thanks
  4. tlchost

Send welcome mail to admin as well as user.

Knowledge Base says this was added Version Number 1.173 Is it done by default? If not, how to I turn it on, or better yet, how to send a copy of the welcome message to the user AND an external email address? Thanks
  5. tlchost

procmail

Anyone using procmail for autoresponders and the like? I have some old receipes, but not sure how procmail works in DA(If at all). Thanks, Thom
  6. tlchost

majordomo digest-outgoing Unrouteable address

I setup a majordomo list from the control panel....list works but I get this error: [email protected] Unrouteable address At a loss as what to change.....list.aliases or private.aliases ? Thanks Thom
  7. tlchost

DNS question

I host a domain, fidonet.us. One of the fidonet members requested that I handle dns for his system, ragion11 and region11.fidonet.us I set up a dns entry as follows in fidonet.us region11 A 64.120.173.228 Seems to work fine....how can I also provide dns for www.region11.fidonet.us I have to...
  8. tlchost

Sample Firewall

It's a good thing I do not work in the explosives industry...I'm too clumsy. Can someone point me to a firewall rule set that I can import into webmin? It obviously needs to have ports open that DA requires and would be used on a server running Centos. Thanks, Thom
  9. tlchost

Unreading Squirelmail

A client normally reads his email using squirelmail. He then used Eudora to look at his mail locally....and had it set to leave mail on the server. He no longer sees his old mail in squirelmail. Is there anyway to reset things so he can see his old email via squirelmail? Thanks Thom
  10. tlchost

Mailman Broken

I recently updated DA on 04/28/09 to Version 1.336 Although there were no error reports, mailman no longer functions. Has anyone else experienced this problem/fixed it? Thom
  11. tlchost

CRON - Stopped emailing me

CRON no longer emails me with those pithy messages....like it check the time server...and logcheck from portsentry. Has there been a recent change in DA that prevents the CRON emails from being generated. What should I check/modify to resume getting the friendly reminders? (Note: I could care...
  12. tlchost

header.html and token

I tried this in /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/enhanced to have the ip o the server display....there results are none. I thought that IP was a token. What did I do wrong? <title>|DEAMONNAME| v|VERSION| - |HOSTNAME| - |IP|</title>
  13. tlchost

Majordomo replyto

I've notice a problem with majordomo and the reply to function on DA A user sends a message to the list, and the list members receive it seeing: The users email address But when one hits reply to all, versus the reply to one sees the list email address twice, rather than the senders email and...
  14. tlchost

How to install jdk

I need to install jdk1.6.0 on a DA system under Centos 5. I thought the daplugin script might do it....it either doesn't or, most likely, I am too dense to understand how it does. Google must be my enemy...the more I look, the more I get confused. Can someone point me to a how to that...
  15. tlchost

Cron Email

I've obviously screwed up somehow. What file or DA menu option controls the address to which cron messages are sent? I redirected root to admin in /etc/aliases....and the external address is NOT in /etc/aliases. Mail sent to [email protected] and [email protected] is redirected to...
  16. tlchost

Copy of Welcome Message

What do I need to do with DA to have a copy of the welcome messsage sent to a new user sent to admin or some other email address? The knowledge base said this function was added...is it still there? What needs to be changed to have the welcome message come from [email protected]...
  17. tlchost

Webmail problems

I have several users who initially checked their mail via web mail, but have since started using their own clients. How can I stop the creation of the message files that webmail creates? Alternatively, is there a script that I could use to zero out the mail files for a specific user. Thanks
  18. tlchost

Google Apps

I have a client who wants to use Google Apps....anyone going that now? I am trying tomake sense out of the Google pages....but once again, the technology buss took a turn on me.
  19. tlchost

Pine

Yes, I am a Luddite....I don't like webmail and am often out of the office, so I would like to install Pine to be able to check my mail via SSH I have: DA 1.301 Exim 4.67 Dovecot 1.01 Redhat Enterprize 4.0 So....where can I find the correct version of Pine for the above? I ain't swift enough...
  20. tlchost

API for Dummies

As loath as I am to admit it, I must have a mental block about the API syntax. I see many posts with things like: CMD_API_DATABASES no parameters: lists the databases with encoded url: list[]=username_db1&list[]=username_db2 action=create name=dbname (username_ will be added) user=user...
Back