Cannot connect to server

TTt

Hello everyone, I cannot connect to my VPS server after installing custombuild 2.0 to my directadmin. It was working fine before for months.
I have www, mail and SSL with and two domains.
I can only connect to root terminal via isp virtual panel. I cannot access ftp or directadmin :2222 as the connection drops.
Sometimes i can connect but after few seconds ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.
WWW sites are hardly accessible from anywhere as well.
I have tried connecting from different ips - its like that for everyone accessing the server.

Do you know what the problem could be? Everything was forking fine until i installed the custombuild from here: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=555

I deleted iptables entries (when typing iptables -L there is blank table)
I swiched off csf firewall with csf -x command.

The var/log/directadmin/error.log states:
Code:
Timeout (handshake_timeout=12) from xx.xx.xx.xx : last flagged: Sockets::handshake

I cannot find any solution. Please help.

Thank you for the reply. I have submitted a ticket and hopefully will get this problem resolved.

I can add that this weird behaviour is manifested by huge packet loss (around 80%) when pinging google.pl from the server.
Same happens when pinging the server. Also get Destination Host Unreachable.

Problem is fixed! Thank you for support. The problem was that i had another ip assigned io the same eth0 device.
ifcofnig eth0:0 down command fixed the problem.

Problem is fixed! Thank you for support. The problem was that i had another ip assigned io the same eth0 device.

Hi i'm getting the same error like you, can you be more details about how you fixed it please ? Thank you so much.

As you can see it from the post above: The user @TTt had a wrong IP assigned to eth0 device. In order to fix it the user used the command ifconfig eth0:0 down

Hardly can anything be added here, all is enough clear.

And even if you have the same symptoms and errors, your case might differ, and you might need to investigate it further.

Back