Reseller Account Required

CanadaGuy

Verified User
I'm just trying to understand a few details about DA.

Is there a technical reason why a reseller account is required, rather than directly creating user accounts from an admin account? Did I miss an option somewhere?

Why is a domain required for a reseller? I recall from cPanel that the primary domain was how they linked to everything else, but I figured DA would be different.

You should be able to creat users from admin. Admin functions as admin, reseller, and a user as DA is designed according to OOP pattern. Do you see the option to create users when logged in as admin but toggled to the reseller level?

You should be able to creat users from admin. Admin functions as admin, reseller, and a user as DA is designed according to OOP pattern. Do you see the option to create users when logged in as admin but toggled to the reseller level?

D'oh! That didn't occur to me. Thanks, that should help quite a bit. I'm assuming those users can then be shuffled around between resellers after the fact?

yep! ;)
Additionally, if you decide that you’d like all functionality under a single interface instead of toggling between admin, the admin reseller, and the admin user, you my try merging access levels.

Here’s a good comparison of cPanel & DirectAdmin:

https://www.knownhost.com/wiki/control-panels/comparison/directadmin-vs-cpanel-comparison

A nice wiki:
https://www.knownhost.com/wiki/control-panels/directadmin

Anything Poralix, smtalk, Richard G, nobaloney, & a few others (can’t remember right off) post on these forums is golden.

Thanks, scriptkitty!
I was reading the thread to get info about users vs resellers, and low-n-behold, the wiki link you posted goes to KhownHost (whom I use and LOVE). So I followed the link, got to page and saw another link explaining how to install SSL certificate. (I've been trying to install one from Comodo for two days, and thought I was just going have to resign to using Let'sEncrypt). Needless to say, after reading the tutorial, I had the SSL certificate installed in less than a minute!😂 You ROCK!!

Back