Ticket Response Time

CanadaGuy

Verified User
I'm trying to evaluate DirectAdmin, and due to virtual machine issues, I need to change the IP address associated with my trial. While this isn't permitted in the client area, I figured that it must be possible for support to do quickly and get back to me. I raised a ticket 4 hours ago or so, and haven't seen any response yet.

The feedback I would like to provide pertains to seemingly long support acknowledgement times, given the simple nature of my issue. I would like to give DA my business since they are a Canadian company, but it is difficult to do if I can't get support for an evaluation.

With my post in mind, what are typical response times for various types of incident?

Hello,

DirectAdmin Technical Support team will usually take at least six hours to give you a reply on an average.

I happened to see tickets without a reply for more than a day, and I have received a couple of responses less than an hour.

The Sales Department is slower than Technical Department. However, I chatted with John, DA owner over email and he replied me almost instantly.

In short, there is no defined time frame.

By the way, if you get a response from anyone from DA, the answer will be humanly and specific. I haven't seen any useless canned response so far, as other companies do.

Do you know if a trial user ticket even shows up in their system? I read that Personal users will get an error, but I didn't see anything about trials. In a situation such as this, is it against terms to create another account to resolve a trial issue?

Do you know if a trial user ticket even shows up in their system? I read that Personal users will get an error, but I didn't see anything about trials. In a situation such as this, is it against terms to create another account to resolve a trial issue?

What’s the ticket ID there?

Ticket # 22000

My IP was just updated so the ticket is now resolved.

That said, if this is within some kind of usual timelines, or if there were more tickets than usual around that time, then just any sort of update is welcome, especially for first impressions. I like the modern feel of it so far, so we'll see how this installation goes.

Back