Your license OS (CentOS 6) does not match the OS installed (CentOS 7).

rnbwkat

Verified User
Why am I getting this error when I did a clean install of CentOS 7 on 2 servers. One works flawlessly, and one shows this error when I do ./build versions?

Thanks
Kat

smtalk

Verified User
Staff member
Please change CentOS6 to CentOS7 in the license which is used for the server which is showing this warning :) That should solve the issue (after getLicense.sh). Thank you!

rnbwkat

Verified User
1 - I can't - these are grandfathered licenses through my CoLo company and I have tried to "login" before and it does not allow me.
2 - it does not explain why this only happened on 1 out of 3 servers that were all updated the exact same way :-(

K

rnbwkat

Verified User
I do have root as these are my servers, i.e. CoLo installed. Thanks. I did that, it still throws the error message, and all the versions are correct for the plugins/utils, so I am not really sure this message means much. I was worried it might cause it to stop working. And yet the value remains CentOS 6 on my 2 other servers, identical in configuration and the ./build versions does NOT throw this error, so go figure...

Thanks for the help - although no one at DirectAdmin has responded with anything that explains this or what it even does. That disappoints me. I may not have licensed this directly, because it was included in my CoLo package years ago, but it should be honored with support of some kind. I promote DA all over the place to people looking for a great Panel, to replace Plesk, cPanel and others, so it is not like I don't love the package. Oh well, it is what it is. :-(

zEitEr

Super Moderator
What do you see with?

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep os_override
It's expected to show os_override=ES%207.0%2064 for CentOS 7. It does not update your license yet.

Then you need to update a license in Directadmin interface at Admin level.

rnbwkat

Verified User
That was the trick - the automated update had not occurred. Once I did a manual license update, the error has gone away.
Thanks
K

alfredlin

I also met the same problem: Your license OS(CentOS 6) does not match the OS installe

I also met the same problem, and I have tried everything posted above, still FAILED!

Can somebody help?
I am a new-bie for directadmin

Thank you.