unable to open Mail Queue Administration

Have you waited long enough? If you give it enough time one of two things will happen: DirectAdmin will eventually open the page, or will time out.

If it times out the queue is too large to manage through the control panel. If that's true, it may very well be too large to manage manually.

If it's too large to manage manually you may want to delete it and start over (you will lose ALL the mail in the queue, but unless you want to read through potentially tens of thousands of emails to see which ten or fifteen you should keep you often don't have a choice).

You probably won't be able to delete it either; there will probably be too many files to use the * wildcard.

When that happens I rename the directories in the queue, create new ones with the same ownership and attributes, and then create a script to delete the old ones.

Jeff

If you can't view/remove the mails from the mailqueue administration then you need to remove them manually by SSH.

- Login to root and write (using at your own RISK!)

Code:
cd /var/spool/exim/input
for file in * ; do rm -rf $file ; done
cd /var/spool/exim/msglog
cd /var/spool/exim/db
/etc/init.d/exim restart

Have you waited long enough? If you give it enough time one of two things will happen: DirectAdmin will eventually open the page, or will time out.

If it times out the queue is too large to manage through the control panel. If that's true, it may very well be too large to manage manually.

If it's too large to manage manually you may want to delete it and start over (you will lose ALL the mail in the queue, but unless you want to read through potentially tens of thousands of emails to see which ten or fifteen you should keep you often don't have a choice).

You probably won't be able to delete it either; there will probably be too many files to use the * wildcard.

When that happens I rename the directories in the queue, create new ones with the same ownership and attributes, and then create a script to delete the old ones.

Jeff
it show message as below:

Your connection has timed out

Details

Either your request was invalid or the program hasn't completed your request.
Please notify the server admin

may i know how do i view the list? I believe there is 1 of the user send a large amount of mail.

As I said, just type the commands below in your SSH

Code:
cd /var/spool/exim/input
cd /var/spool/exim/db
/etc/init.d/exim restart
* Its on your own risk! But normally it should fix your problem *

As I said, just type the commands below in your SSH

Code:
cd /var/spool/exim/input
cd /var/spool/exim/db
/etc/init.d/exim restart
* Its on your own risk! But normally it should fix your problem *

Yeah..thanks,.....it is working.

but i still dont know which user caused this issue. :confused:

And you probably wouldn't have even if you read the queue; with that many messages how many would you feel comfortable reading before you'd know? If in fact a user on your server sent the email you can find the information in your logs.

Jeff

Back