Disabling Apache and Nginx

jayw1

Verified User
Hi,

I'm looking to migrate to DirectAdmin but have some questions.

• I want to use OpenLiteSpeed. Can I disable Apache and Nginx completely?
  • Does the OLS Web Admin work?
  • Can I manage OLS from within DirectAdmin?
Thanks!

I want to use OpenLiteSpeed. Can I disable Apache and Nginx completely?

CustomBuild would do this automatically. If you want to do this using command line: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=2095

Does the OLS Web Admin work?

Yes, it does, but is read-only though. If you'd like it to be read-write, you may place a feature request for OLS developers.

Can I manage OLS from within DirectAdmin?

May you explain this one? DirectAdmin automatically creates virtualhost and other configuration for OLS. For example, if you create password protected directory - it'd auto-generate configs for you (it has full integration).

May you explain this one? DirectAdmin automatically creates virtualhost and other configuration for OLS. For example, if you create password protected directory - it'd auto-generate configs for you (it has full integration).

I was thinking about changing OLS settings from within DA, but I guess that's what the WebAdmin is for.
So, where would all the relevant files be since I can't make changes in OLS WebAdmin?
Also, I'm having a lot of trouble getting Redis to work, is there a guide somewhere? It was very easy on my current CyberPanel server.

I was thinking about changing OLS settings from within DA, but I guess that's what the WebAdmin is for.
So, where would all the relevant files be since I can't make changes in OLS WebAdmin?
Also, I'm having a lot of trouble getting Redis to work, is there a guide somewhere? It was very easy on my current CyberPanel server.
As WebAdmin of Openlitespeed is read only you have to manually change files
For more Ref: https://openlitespeed.org/kb/directadmin-configuration-files/

Back