Knowledge base and help howto files renew or adding parts for use with CENTOS 8.

ikkeben

Verified User
Some parts of manuals , howto's faq,s are to old for when using CENTOS8

NetworkManager and crypto policies ..

ONE important Example here https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=418 Manually adding an additional IP to a specific network device is not the way to go with centos 8, where NetworkManager is used with NMTUI and NMCLI for such
(Also this link on that page is not working anymore as should: See this guide for other systems. )

CentOS8 has full support for network-scripts, doesn't it ? :)

Do you mean you have no files listed using:
Code:
ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*

Please post the output of this command :)

Do you mean you have no files listed using:
Code:
ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*

Please post the output of this command :)
No those are in use with NetworkManager ofcourse ( ens3 ens4 and ....). Some info about howto i mean:

Sofar i know the nics / scripts they are using now with centos8 also mac addresses so if you have wrong mac-address or without it could be not working.
I ran into some problems related to CENTOS 8 Networking different then CENTOS 7 for the LAN DA setup and Openstack instances with multiple floating IP's

Working now for IPv4 . ( And cloudinit)
Reason why i did try that , i can associate disassociate ip's as i want to also some network parts ( router gateway's, local connections and so) i can all configure myself adding deleting and so on whithout having to ask the hoster.

INBOUND AND OUTBOUND external ip's are routed with policy based config , one could test with this DA manual https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=528 and ping and and

So i can install instances , take snapshots , create images and even myself assign ip when domain / user want to move with that ip to other instance and so on more flexible then before. (and I don't like that Amazon...............)

ON the DA manual link topic start the linode one is dead / changed! See this guide for other systems. that one

Last edited:
https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-configure-a-static-ip-address-on-rhel-8/ is about the network-scripts, which you've told not to use in your first post? :)
Sorry to be bad in understanding to explain my point. :cry:

I mean not those network scripts not using but the way how to change / ad them , and that some other network scripts are depricated.
I mean with my example the configuration is better done in CENTOS 8 using such as in example to do so. ( ad / edit/change)

So with nmcli or nmtui i did read somewhere that should be the way to go when using centos8 and you need to use NetworkManager sofar i know.

( i had problem when edited ( script ifcfg) manual but could be other cause as cloudinit.. ) ;)

That and the dead link was what i'm trying to explain.

Also the server wide crypto policies is different in CENTOS 8

I ran into those 2 when setup / install and loooking for help / knowledgebase files.

Also the EPEL-repo is a litle thing somewhat different centos8

Back