Database routine missing

sufiyanshaikh

Verified User

Hello,

Let me first explain what exactly I have done.

I was having a server(A) but it was having / dir with 20GB limit.
It was creating issues when I was updating software or if I was adding something new software.

What I did to solve is that I created a "Spare"(B) server and migrated all my accounts to that spare server. (Created backup and restored them)
Then the I changed my DNS IP to "Server B" to make all sites live from the spare server.

AFter that I reinstalled OS in "Server A" and the migrated all the backups which was taken from *"Server A"*.

I did not create a backup from Spare Server(b) to save time and preferred to use the backup of "Server A" which was created before the server was deleted.(Same backup was restored in Spare Server (server b).

Now coming to the problem.
My client is saying there is some issue with "Database" and the database is not restored properly. However, I did not receive any error of warning from any accounts.
He claims "routine" data from database is missing which is malfunctioning his websites.

I created backup using DA control panel option to create backup from "admin" account.

Please help me to check what went wrong and why data got missing

Edit : I have even lost "100%" data from random databases.
(No error was shown in message when backup was created and notified from DA messages)

Last edited:
Never delete the old server... until full client validation occurs.

in the options file do you have on the old server before you did all of the Hocus Pocus..
MySQL backup: yes
MySQL backup directory: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql_backups
MySQL compress backups: yes

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build options

Hopefully you did and this will help.

Last edited:
Never delete the old server... until full client validation occurs.

in the options file do you have on the old server before you did all of the Hocus Pocus..
MySQL backup: yes
MySQL backup directory: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql_backups
MySQL compress backups: yes

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build options

Thanks for your reply.
I hope you have read the below line
"My client is saying there is some issue with "Database" and the database is not restored properly. However, I did not receive any error of warning from any accounts.
He claims "routine" data from database is missing which is malfunctioning his websites."

Please help me to check what went wrong and why data got missing
I am reading this. If the client states something is missing. Most likely the data is missing because something wasn't backed up or restored properly. Did you look through the Backups I pointed you to? Did you read the links I sent?

Do I misunderstand your question?

I am reading this. If the client states something is missing. Most likely the data is missing because something wasn't backed up or restored properly. Did you look through the Backups I pointed you to? Did you read the links I sent?

Do I misunderstand your question?

There was no error when backup was created from DA admin panel nor I saw any error after restoring backup.

**Only "routine" data from database is missing** (from all his sites) and other database data is present.
Only "routine" data specifically is missing from his database.

if yes

this jumps out at me
In order to transfer a mysql database server to a new host, you need to copy EVERYTHING under the data dir. Really everything. You can't just pick-and-choose. If you failed to copy the system "mysql" database, then the procedures are lost.

if yes

this jumps out at me
In order to transfer a mysql database server to a new host, you need to copy EVERYTHING under the data dir. Really everything. You can't just pick-and-choose. If you failed to copy the system "mysql" database, then the procedures are lost.

Hello,
I am talking about this:

Back