Password for auto-created email account

jayw1

Verified User
When you add a domain, an email is automatically created for it. [email protected]
But I have no idea what this password is, and if I want to change it, I see this screen,

Screenshot from 2019-12-07 15-07-05.png

I don't want to change passwords for any of those, just the email account. How can I do this?

A password for a default email account is the same as one for directadmin access and FTP.

If you don't know your password you will need to reset it.

My DirectAdmin password does not work for the email account.

In certain cases it should be simply username, without domain at all, i.e. in RoundCube you should connect as admin and your admin`s password.

I can login to Roundcube with admin - directadmin password and it tells me I logged into admin@localhost.
But I want to login to [email protected] etc..

See this thread where we just discussed the admin email accounts:

I'm not sure if that helps, I need to login to each [email protected] separately. I use these emails for many websites.
I think the point is that all [email protected] websites, where user is the creator of domain.com are all forwarders to the user unix account email, [email protected] and are accessed with the "user" login. I may not be interpreting the result from my other thread, so maybe someone with more information can chime in.

I can login to Roundcube with admin - directadmin password and it tells me I logged into admin@localhost.
But I want to login to [email protected] etc..

It's only a matter to modify Identity in RoundCube settings. Change admin@localhost to whatever else you need.

I'm not sure if that helps, I need to login to each [email protected] separately. I use these emails for many websites.

For this you will need to move your domains to another user in DirectAdmin, every single admin@ box on your account as already mentioned by @CanadaGuy will be just an alias for an unix account email. And they all will share one disk-storage and spaces.

If you on a Private License for DirectAdmin, then you might rename admin account to something else, e.g. jayw1. This will allow you to create separate boxes with name admin@ for your domains.

Yes, system account will be renamed, and you can create regular email accounts for your domains then.

Back