use task.queue or UI for actions

CanadaGuy

Verified User
I've been searching for a lot of Exim config from within DA, and I've come across the task.queue being used for what seems to be a set of commands that DA will run in sequence when there is time available. In particular, I'm curious about the following commands from https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1692 :

Code:
task.queue

Add all domains and pointers to the domainips file:
echo "action=rewrite&value=domainips" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

same as above, but will start from an empty domainips file, handy if everything is out of sync, start over:
echo "action=rewrite&value=domainips&empty=yes" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Adds just this domain (and it's pointers), but it will remove the previous values from the domainips first (unlike the mass rewrite)
This is better because it will remove server IP values, if they don't belong.. or fix any out-of-sync IPs.
echo "action=rewrite&value=domainips&domain=domain.com" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Do most task.queue actions have a UI equivalent? Where are they documented? My first thought was that task.queue was legacy, but I still see it used in what appears to be modern documentation.

I believe the task.queue is used for DirectAdmin's automatic cron processes like DNS, tallys, bandwidth as well as what you've posted.

In terms of UI equivalent, off the top of my head I believe "refreshing" disk usage is available for admins/users via the UI. Probably more...

I believe the task.queue is used for DirectAdmin's automatic cron processes like DNS, tallys, bandwidth as well as what you've posted.
I guess my main query is whether task.queue is a "current" way of doing things, as opposed to some side channel. I just want to be sure the documents I'm reading are current.

Back