Backup Restore from Cpanel to DA error

manas23

Hello guys,

I am having this error when I try to restore my cpanel backup file to DirectAdmin.
I am a newbie here so I don't know how to resolve the issues.
I bought a new vps and I have been trying to install my backup for 2 days.
Please any feedback is appriciated.

tar: The following options were used after any non-optional arguments in archive create or update mode. These options are positional and affect only arguments that follow them. Please, rearrange them properly.
tar: --exclude ‘cpbackup-exclude.conf’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘.cphorde’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘.gemrc’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘.contactemail’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘.lastlogin’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘.cpanel’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘tmp’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘ssl’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘logs’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘.zshrc’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘.cpaddons’ has no effect
tar: --exclude ‘cpanel3-skel’ has no effect
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
WARNING! i6306362_wp1 cannot be owned by dbo7ghligyzz, renaming database user to dbo7ghligyzz_wp1
Trying to find files in public_html to rename i6306362_wp1 to dbo7ghligyzz_wp1. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
/home/admin/user_backups/dbo7ghligyzz/domains/---------.com/public_html/wp-config.php
WARNING! i6306362_wp1 username cannot be owned by dbo7ghligyzz, renaming database user to dbo7ghligyzz_wp1
Trying to find files in public_html to rename i6306362_wp1 to dbo7ghligyzz_wp1. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.

Cannot find creator 'gdresell' when restoring 'user.gdresell.dbo7ghligyzz.tar.gz'. Reverting to 'admin'
-----.com already exists on the server.

WARNING! i6306362_wp1 cannot be owned by dbo7ghligyzz, renaming database user to dbo7ghligyzz_wp1

This one is common when restoring to an account with a different username. It will change the SQL prefix.

As far as everything else, did you restore a cpanel backup directly or convert it using the DirectAdmin script?

This one is common when restoring to an account with a different username. It will change the SQL prefix.

As far as everything else, did you restore a cpanel backup directly or convert it using the DirectAdmin script?

I basically downloaded the cpanel backup from my godaddy and transferred to my server with winscp.

Could you please tell me how to solve this problem?

I basically downloaded the cpanel backup from my godaddy and transferred to my server with winscp.

Could you please tell me how to solve this problem?

This thread overviews how to use the cPanel to DA conversion tool:

This post is particularly informative:

It has to be converted before being restored so that it works with DirectAdmin's specific ways

This thread overviews how to use the cPanel to DA conversion tool:

This post is particularly informative:

It has to be converted before being restored so that it works with DirectAdmin's specific ways

I did everything you said and cancelled my cpanel from godaddy.
Pointed my domain to my vps ip adress in dns A section.
Now my website is completely down.

Back