Website is slow as before after migrated to a VPS

manas23

Hello guys,

After full 48 hours, I succesfully migrated my cpanel backup to DA.
Previously I was on a shared hosting economy from GoDaddy which was very slow and decided to move to a fast VPS.
After I restored my backup, I think it still uses my previous plan from GoDaddy because speed is same as before.
Page speed fully loaded time shows 4.0s to 6.0s. That means its very slow.

How can I tune my speed to unlimited on DA or my VPS?

Besides moving your website, did you also update your dns and nameservers so that the site is really pointing to your new server?
Do you maybe a have link so we can test it for you?

And what is a 'fast' VPS? And what's the traffic of your site. There are so many things involved that it's complicated to help you with the little info you just gave us.

Did you do some optimization on the server? What software are you running?

It is unlikely that it is a server problem if both servers are slow, you can check your dns by entering your domain at intodns.com As for what's slowing your site, if you have firefox on a desktop or laptop, press f12, then network tab, reload your site. If you can't deciper the results post a screenshot.

Why do you presume your website is good and the 'servers' are slow?
If GoDaddy only had slow servers I doubt they would have much customers after a while.

Check your own site first. Plenty of tools available for that online to find out what exactly is slowing everything down.

Use "Test Ping" or "Traceroute" from https://hackertarget.com/ip-tools/ to see which IP address gets the visitors. That eliminates something on your computer (like your "HOSTS" file in Windows) from directing you somewhere else.

Speed testing sites like gtmetrix.com will also report your IP address, and tell you what is slowing down the site. Ignore the PageSpeed and Yslow scores and look at the waterfall charts (PageSpeed doesn't actually test your page's speed, it simply uses a checklist to see if the HTML/CSS is optimized - but the waterfall charts show the actual speed of the various components on your page).

Back