How-to: cPanel to DA migration

Same version would be selected if it exists on DA server.

Last question, I hope, can I keep the same nameserver as my cpanel?
In other words will I be able to setup the DA server without the actual domain pointing to its IP?

Changelog
Code:
0.0.39:
* Awstats data migration. As cPanel stores http and https as separate stats, converter takes the larger one and uses it for the domain.

Changelog
Code:
0.0.39:
* Awstats data migration. As cPanel stores http and https as separate stats, converter takes the larger one and uses it for the domain.

Very nice! Thanks!

I'll test it later with some test customers from CP boxes

Is there a public changelog for CB?

Hello to everyone.
I have started migrating my cpanel accounts to DA using the script.
I do them one by one for various reasons.
One thing I am facing has to do with the email accounts, during the transfer and until the nameservers get updated the clients lose access to their emails but even when everything is done, In order for them to make their email work they need to delete the account and create it again. Let me point out that after the restore I am restoring the default DNS Zone entries for each account since the DNS Zones from cpanel contain unnecessary entries. I also issue new SSL certificates with Let's Encrypt.
Am I doing something wrong or this is standard? I was hoping that since the details are the same it would need no extra work from they clients side to make their email work.
PS. All my clients use mail.mydomain.com for incoming and outgoing mail servers.

Hello to everyone.
I have started migrating my cpanel accounts to DA using the script.
I do them one by one for various reasons.
One thing I am facing has to do with the email accounts, during the transfer and until the nameservers get updated the clients lose access to their emails but even when everything is done, In order for them to make their email work they need to delete the account and create it again. Let me point out that after the restore I am restoring the default DNS Zone entries for each account since the DNS Zones from cpanel contain unnecessary entries. I also issue new SSL certificates with Let's Encrypt.
Am I doing something wrong or this is standard? I was hoping that since the details are the same it would need no extra work from they clients side to make their email work.
PS. All my clients use mail.mydomain.com for incoming and outgoing mail servers.
Email accounts should just work after migration. What’s the error they get when trying to connect?

Mainly from mobile devices that give the error "Cannot verify server identity"
Oh, that’s likely happening due to no certificate for mail.domain.com, so they could just use domain.com to connect, generate mail.domain.com, use hostname to connect, or just approve the cert.

Oh, that’s likely happening due to no certificate for mail.domain.com, so they could just use domain.com to connect, generate mail.domain.com, use hostname to connect, or just approve the cert.
Well there is still the cert from Cpanel and I issue a new one with Let's Encrypt as soon as the new nameservers kick in. But Still even after 2-3 days I still get the same message from the client to login again. As soon as I input the password (same as before) it works ok. My client is Spark by the way.

Well there is still the cert from Cpanel and I issue a new one with Let's Encrypt as soon as the new nameservers kick in. But Still even after 2-3 days I still get the same message from the client to login again. As soon as I input the password (same as before) it works ok. My client is Spark by the way.
Make sure you really had valid mail.yourdomain.com cert on cPanel, as I think it was just trusted by the client.

we had the same issue and it was a pain... we moved the client back to cpanel for their email... It would work fine for ages then just come up with the mail certificate error.

we had the same issue and it was a pain... we moved the client back to cpanel for their email... It would work fine for ages then just come up with the mail certificate error.
If the certificate was approved once, it’s fine forever, until the trusted cert expires.

we re applied the certificate and the client was still having issues :(

we re applied the certificate and the client was still having issues :(
Do you have any domain name on cPanel server which customers state that it works fine? I'd check if the cert is valid :) You can PM it to me if you don't want to list it publicly.

Code:
0.0.40:
* Fix roundcube import when sqlite3 database is used in cpmove backup, and *.rcube.db.latest is a symlink
* Remove autoreponders from forwarders file if they're expired

@smtalk: Thanks :)
The scripts are working wonderful. I've got a pretty good automation running to migrate Plesk to DirectAdmin (via Cpanel).

I'm running into one problem at the moment:
The cpmove-USERNAME.tar.gz file has an empty mysql/DATABASENAME.sql file.
Is there something, maybe permissions wise, that could be wrong that is blocking the database export?

@Mark_072 glad to hear. cpmove-USERNAME.tar.gz is generated by cPanel, so, it'd by hard to answer why it's empty. Maybe out of disk space when creating the backup, or no MySQL connection? This would be a good question for cPanel support :)

Back