Directadmin/exim/other not logging to (r)syslog

spacecabbie

Verified User
I have been extensively working on a nice loggin analyze solution but i am unable to get directadmin to log to syslog.
atm is still creating the log files in /var/log/directadmin/ but they remain empty nothing is logged.
I have created a *.* output in top of rsyslog.conf to see if it at all logs nothing shows up.
So...
couple of things if i may.
Any idea what this could be ?
To further troubleshoot i like to know is there a log level setting or something like this ?

Furthermore I want to log everything to syslog
Problems i encounter:
Exim: needs to be build or is build with log option since when i add it to conf it does nothing.
Custombuild dus not list a option zo i can't build it in (if its not in default list of option i duno how to add it)
apache nginx still need to look into it but since directadmin controls allot, Is it possible to just add a general option that also outputs its all to syslog and leave current loggins as is ?
Any other tips tricks to direct all logging to syslog are welcome !.

If interested i have rsyslog + omelasticsearch module -> elasticsearch -> kibana setup if wanted i am quite happy to share configs etc.
If any one else is doing something similar i am keep to see what and how you are doing it

Tried logstash ?

Oh yes and no I hate to put another layer between it. Prefer a little steps in it I got exim logs working BTW.

Still looking at DA log I am getting there but it has been a processes I plan to rebuild my server since i suspect a fundamental error crept in somewhere with all the messing about I did. Plan is to rebuild into diverent servers/ dockers.

Back