Problems on fresh installation

Beherit

Verified User
I have some problems on fresh installation. I chose the following options in installation script:

Code:
Would you like the default settings of apache 2.4 with mod_ruid2 and php 7.2 cli? (y/n): n
Would you like to backup the current options.conf? (yes/no): no
Please select webserver you would like to use (apache/nginx/nginx_apache/litespeed/openlitespeed):nginx_apache
Please select MySQL database server you would like to use (mysql/mariadb/no):mariadb
Please select mariadb version you would like to use (5.5/10.0/10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4):10.4
Please select FTP server you would like to use (proftpd/pureftpd/no):no
Please select default PHP version you would like to use (5.3/5.4/5.5/5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4):7.4
Please select default PHP mode you would like to use (php-fpm/fastcgi/suphp/lsphp/mod_php):php-fpm
Would you like to have a second instance of PHP installed? (yes/no): no
Please select if you would like to use ionCube (yes/no):no
Please select if you would like to use Zend Guard Loader (yes/no):yes
Please select if you would like to use suhosin (yes/no):yes
Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage Exim installation (yes/no):yes
Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage Dovecot installation (yes/no):yes
Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage phpMyAdmin installation (yes/no):yes
Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage SquirrelMail installation (yes/no):no
Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage RoundCube installation (yes/no):no
Would you like to search for the fastest download mirror? (y/n): y

In all installation process I see only this errors:
Code:
Converting to dovecot (2.3.9.2) ...
To Dovecot: Patching /etc/exim.conf to maildir
patching file /etc/exim.conf
Hunk #1 FAILED at 608.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 770.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 782.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /etc/exim.conf.rej
Code:
*** Error creating Admin User : ./data/users/admin/user.usage : Unable to get Lock on file:<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/user.usage.lock: No such file or directory<br>
./data/users/admin: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
./data/users/admin/domains.list : Unable to get Lock on file:<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/domains.list.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
./data/users/admin/user.conf : Unable to get Lock on file:<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/user.conf.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
Unable to get Lock on file:<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/reseller.usage.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/users.list.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/reseller.conf.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/reseller.allocation.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
Unix User created successfully<br>
<br>
User's System Quotas set<br>
User's data directory created successfully<br>
Domains directory created successfully<br>
Domains directory created successfully in user's home<br>
<br>
Unable to read the system ftp passwd file to add the user to it.<br>
<br>
User added to ssh config file.<br>
After logging in to DA, I tried to add a new domain and received an error:
Code:
Ftp: Unable to read the system ftp passwd file to add the user to it.

Errors encountered while creating domain.  Not adding domain to /etc/bind/named.conf
Error Creating Domain
When I want to try again I get an error
Code:
That domain already exists
Another bug I noticed that I can't edit "Modify user" (http://x.x.x.x:2222/reseller/users/admin/modify), in browser console I see error:
Code:
{
    "error": "Unable to read packages file",
    "extended": "true",
    "result": "Unable to open ./data/users/admin/packages.list for reading.\nNo such file or directory\n\n"
}
I changed the IP address for my license today because I wanted to install DirectAdmin on another machine - unfortunately I have bigger problems than on the previous one (there I have just problem with ISP - UDP connections on IPv6).

First problem disappear when I installed pureftp and uninstall it. Ok, but this should work fine after fresh installation.

I reinstalled system and installed DirectAdmin with pureftp, now no errors appears.

Was this installation time or you've done some actions after?
It was installation summary, before installation I only updated Debian and configured IPv6, hostname, installed apt-transport-https curl git htop nmap traceroute and dependents for csf. I see that only exim error appears:
Code:
Hunk #1 FAILED at 608.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 770.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 782.
I rebuilt it with custombuild and seems work okay.

The point is that I don't want to have FTP but installation fails when I don't install it on fresh system. So I installed it anyway and removed after installation.

The point is that I don't want to have FTP but installation fails when I don't install it on fresh system. So I installed it anyway and removed after installation.

confirmed: (note directadmin does seem to be installed and working)

Code:
*** Error creating Admin User : ./data/users/admin/user.usage : Unable to get Lock on file:<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/user.usage.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
./data/users/admin/domains.list : Unable to get Lock on file:<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/domains.list.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
./data/users/admin/user.conf : Unable to get Lock on file:<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/user.conf.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/reseller.usage.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/users.list.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/reseller.conf.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
open error for ./data/users/admin/reseller.allocation.lock: No such file or directory<br>
<br>
Unix User created successfully<br>
<br>

Last edited:
I see that only exim error appears:
Code:
Hunk #1 FAILED at 608.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 770.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 782.
I rebuilt it with custombuild and seems work okay.
Actually, the newer exim.conf files don't need to be patched. The bug would be the attempt to patch when it's not required, hence the error (basically just causing confusion). The "todovecot" isn't something that would be needed more than once and checking the code only happens if the directadmin.conf is not yet present or dovecot=1 is not present in the directadmin.conf. Regardless, you should be able to ignore the error.

-----

@spacecabbie
Thanks for that report. I believe the locking is throwing error just due to the fact that the files don't exist yet.
Assuming its just the read lock causing the errors, and the write is fine, I've changed the installer for the next DA version to not lock anything during "admin" creation, since there won't be 2 installs happening at the same time. This will be for the next DA version, or pre-release (eg: "./setup.sh auto beta")

John

Actually, the newer exim.conf files don't need to be patched. The bug would be the attempt to patch when it's not required, hence the error (basically just causing confusion). The "todovecot" isn't something that would be needed more than once and checking the code only happens if the directadmin.conf is not yet present or dovecot=1 is not present in the directadmin.conf. Regardless, you should be able to ignore the error.

-----

@spacecabbie
Thanks for that report. I believe the locking is throwing error just due to the fact that the files don't exist yet.
Assuming its just the read lock causing the errors, and the write is fine, I've changed the installer for the next DA version to not lock anything during "admin" creation, since there won't be 2 installs happening at the same time. This will be for the next DA version, or pre-release (eg: "./setup.sh auto beta")

John
Agreed the error seems to be just that everything is working and i have yet to see any corruption.

Back