Do DirectAdmin sales or support ever reply

I really believe you, that's not the issue. You can also try to send an email to sales @ directadmin.com if you havent done so yet (and if it did not got into trash) and maybe point to this thread.

As for webmin.... a professional hoster wouldn't choose that.

No not every body is as smart or experienced
I do not deny the circumstance that someone may not know something per se, but the fact is, that it doesn't matter.

I now know that they do not allow third party reselling, which for new and inexperienced users isn't exactly clear when other panels allow third party selling.

I am not to condemn you, but if you are born in 1979 ( I presume) and you know stuff about stolen cars, then there is no way you do not check what you are buying. Sure, if it is a few bucks deal, what's the difference. New IP address is even cheaper and that would solve the issue.

I feel the OP's pain with regards to getting responses to support.
This is an issue which DA need to address, their response times are unacceptable and fail miserably in comparison to cpanel.
Dont get me wrong, I love DA, but their support is almost non existent.

I don't have a single question unanswered by DA support, so it's fine by me. Can it be faster? For sure. I wasn't using it for quite a while, so things perhaps changed. But I have no idea why I should try to solve illegal license problems on IP, which is connected to some other license, though DA support even answered OP two times in a row. It's hard to say what's going on indeed, because OP might not be telling the whole truth and the other side most likely won't be making any statements regarding this issue.

That's very blunt and untrue. I won't blaim you because you've been here shortly.
Just like Ericc I don't have that experience either. However, it might differ depending on the kind of support asked. They told a couple of times that sales support is a bit slower since the big flow of cPanel users coming over caused extensive pressure on the tech support part. You can call it a real tsunami of ex cPanel customers coming over here.
That was unexpected and ofcourse puts everything on a longer time scale to be able to handle this, and they even already attracted extra personnel.
They are not as big as cPanel for which you also pay the price for that support. You can't expect to get Ferrari support and speed when you buy a Mercedes. ;)
As for tech support, it's still very good and especially they are kind on pricing. And nice pricing has to come from something, can't expect to sit front row for a dime. And they are much better then a dime.
But feel free to change to something else if you're not satisfied. I tried them all. cPanel too expensive and less customisable, Plesk... well... I don't even want to talk about that, they don't even have or want to implement a free clamav plugin and don't have any CSF plugin, just to examples to begin with.
It's a free choice. But tech support is normally always good over here and often doing more then they have to after the year of free support is past. One has to take also that into consideration.
As for this issue, only sales can fix things.

That's very blunt and untrue. I won't blaim you because you've been here shortly.
The fact that I have been here for hardly any time has no baring on how long I've been a client for.
I dont have all day to spend chatting, debating and arguing on forums hence my post count is not 4672

As I said, I love the product and push it far more than cPanel - my comment was based on the level of support I have received and the time that it takes to get the issues responded to.

If paying more to get an issue resolved is an option then have that option available and I'll gladly pay for it, I never said shit about expecting ferrari performance from a merc.

Constructive criticism...

The fact that I have been here for hardly any time has no baring on how long I've been a client for.
I dont have all day to spend chatting, debating and arguing on forums hence my post count is not 4672

😁(y)

Constructive criticism...

No, we are not restricted to one type of criticism only.

Hello,

I was a cPanel customer but I quit them and migrated to DA.
I understand support and billing team takes time reply but they do reply within 48hrs (personal experience).

I really appreciate DA support team and sales team because they are working very hard(Yes they are!) because they are doing their best in this hard time(covid-19) by providing support.

I will suggest you to wait and I am sure they will reply and help you out

I don't have that time either. I made an exception now. I based my comment on your registration date.

I never said shit about expecting ferrari performance from a merc.
You did when you compared cPanel with DA in your comment saying support is almost non existent. You came here during the cPanel flow, which, in spite of my comment, totally put beside you. That had enormuos impact on a small company as DA. And then you base your "constructive criticism" on a few questions you had which were delayed during and due to that impact time.
You can look at it any way you want, that is no way constructive criticism and not a fair comparison in any way either. So yes at such a time coming over from cPanel you do expect Ferrari speed in a Mercedes. Next to that you made things personal by mentioning my post count as being only for discussing and chatting. Get a life dude, very childish of you. I try to help a lot over here and don't deserve that kind comments.
As for paying for extra support. Look in your account, there is an option if support is over, I didn't try but I guess you can pay for another year there too.

I rest my case about all the cPanel crap. If people like it better there, then go over there, taken an account and don't annoy us here with support complaints which most of us (and lots of cPanel customers which came over) do not experience that way.
Next to the fact that a support discussion is totally off-topic in this thread.

You came here during the cPanel flow, which, in spite of my comment, totally put beside you. That had enormuos impact on a small company as DA. And then you base your "constructive criticism" on a few questions you had which were delayed during and due to that impact time.
You can look at it any way you want, that is no way constructive criticism and not a fair comparison in any way either
Richard Im not too sure where you are getting your information from but you need to get your facts straight.
1. If receiving a thumb-suck response from support 12 - 24 hours after logging a support request is considered acceptable within your business or line of work then great for you. In mine, I log support requests when I need help and that typically means that something is wrong and I need help as soon as possible.

2. I came "here" as in became a DA client before the cpanel shit had actually hit the fan - my forum activity has no relevance or bearing on how long I have been a client - unless you have access to info that you are not sharing with all of us?

3. When I did request support it was a long time after the cpanel drama had unfolded so Im not too sure where you are getting your dates and time line from?
When I did require support there was no cpanel rush, no COVID19 outbreak - it was business as usual.

4. How are you able to see the "questions that I had" with support? Do you have access to their support portal to see all of their clients support requests?

5. My licenses are active along with support but if I need to pay to get a response to an issue within a day then I have absolutely no problem with that. Show me where to pay Richard and I'll pay.

My constructive criticism is based on the interaction I have had with support, not on anything said or requested here on the forum. So now that we have that cleared up (again), there is room for improvement based on the contact that Ive had and this is where DA management can improve - whether they want to or not is entirely up to them.

Not every company is perfect, but if a company can listen to its clients then it will succeed.

You say you rest your case with the cpanel crap but in the very next sentence you are telling everyone on this forum to choose a side. This type of thinking is negative and extremely detrimental and will ultimately push people away.

Drop the negativity and dictatorship and let people decide on what they want based on their own choices. Who cares or gives a shit about what they like or decide on, its their money after all, not yours now is it?

If you want to force your religion down peoples throats then there are many other places to do it.

I have every right to complain about support as much as the OP does. If you don't like it and get annoyed by it then don't read and comment on the thread, its not your forum or your business - or is it?

I just want to say that I have been using DirectAdmin for many years (15). I don't think I have ever contacted support for anything. Everything is on the forum or help files. I don't know what else you need. Take a look at my registration date and post count.

@Jade: You might get your facts straight and read better:
As for 1.) It has always been like that before the cPanel flow came in.
5.) Read, I told you. I've it says active, then there is nothing to pay.

Not every company is perfect, but if a company can listen to its clients then it will succeed.
They don't need to listen to nonsense as normally point 1 works here since I've been customer here and is confirmed by others already.
And they do listen to good things as many things are changed the last year. So again you're talking nonsense.

You say you rest your case with the cpanel crap but in the very next sentence you are telling everyone on this forum to choose a side. This type of thinking is negative and extremely detrimental and will ultimately push people away.
LoL, I was only talking about the people who don't like it here, it clearly says so. And you are saying something about me being negative? You? The one who said support here was non-existant? Yeah that was real positive, LoL. 😂

The only thing which makes me negative and irritated is guys like you who complaint about DA support compared to cPanel support.
To act against those winers is definately not more negative or detrimental then stating there is no support like you did, that would scare them away sooner then all the defense I gave for DA in my reply's, based on my many years of experience with them.

The only negative here was you, which I responded to.
As for comments I make or things I read is not for you to decide. I do whatever I want and if you don't like it, then don't read my reply's or don't respond to my reply's. It's the same thing.

Back