I feel cheated and used

napoolion

Verified User
Hi!

I bought Directadmin personal license for my VPS. I guess that's not enough, since I now have 6 users, since it was not a limitation in demo... These all 6 users are my users... owned by me... Very annoying limitation, I feel cheated and used and you have done a full Cpanel move on me. Now I can't do shit in DirectAdmin and keep getting 'licenses exceeded thing'

Is it possible to combine all these 6 users to one or how to upgrade my license? All these small monthly expenses really add up in the long run, personal license would had been fine since I have less than 10 domains, but I did not know the user account shananigans.

I will have to create a new server and move everything once again in a few months, but in the mean time, I guess I have to give you more money. So I wanted to upgrade the license, but you cant buy a new license to the same IP, neither can you post a support ticket, because the personal license does not qualify for DirectAdmin Support.

Software is fine, but these annoying issues really mess things up and I don't think I can recommend directadmin to anyone.

License options not hidden, there are no any "cheats", it is just yours wrong choise between licenses. Now - or write to billing to upgrade license, or move all domains to one account.
You can easy move them by: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/move_domain.sh
run it and it will show detailed instructions
also you must move databases to new account by: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/rename_database_with_user.sh

Yep, it really is hidden... It's weird out there on wide-open public internet. I did happen to find the reason you "feel" cheated...
You never read this page.

There are not 6 users of you as in your "Person" aka personal.

6 users on Voldermort panel are $30 a month. 6 users with DA are $15. Still not cheated.

since it was not a limitation in demo
The demo is a full license with all features. This is what every company in the world does. Show the full capability of the software.

You need to combine all your domains into one user like Zhenyapan said or buy a lite license.

Well @napoolion i first thought you were speaking about your partner...
But you are speaking about the Devil him self... DirectAdmin...
Those people trying to hide everything on the internet... It's not like they made an page talking about everything like this:
And those prices...

for $2 you only get one account with a max of 10 domains... this is a ripoff...
I would go for the option behind door number 2 (the big C)
$15 for one account is way better... :unsure:

So, with all respect, stop crying and read before you do something.
You want to compare Cpanel with DirectAdmin be my guest.

For $15 Cpanel offers 1 account only. Nice for solo people like you.
For $15 DirectAdmin offers 10 accounts, 50 domains. You could start selling hosting space. Get 1 customer and you already made profit.

Software is fine, but these annoying issues really mess things up and I don't think I can recommend directadmin to anyone.

I will tell you two annoying things that happened to me in last few days:

1. Big domain registrar doubled the price for certain TLD's without an explanation (I have about 30 of them)
2. Big software/apps seller blocked my account completely (with software worth of few hundred euros) and refused to provide an access without any reason.

None explanations so far. And I don't even use proxies or anything that could raise suspicion. I suppose it is more pissing than the web page you couldn't find.

for $2 you only get one account with a max of 10 domains... this is a ripoff...

Not at all. For a single user like myself who has 6 websites, it's perfect. Plesk used to cost me $11 a month, DA has been a nice money saver.

Not at all. For a single user like myself who has 6 websites, it's perfect. Plesk used to cost me $11 a month, DA has been a nice money saver.
Jay it's hard to tell but I took him as being facetious...:cool:

Don't take it serieusly. Ericosman's answer was clearly ment to be a sarcastic answer to TS. ;)
DA indeed always have had nice prices. And now with the change they did something for hobby (and small) users. Where else can you get such license for so little money directly from creator.

Back